drink package for all adults in the room

Gambler458

Hi, I am going on the Navigator Of The Seas on 12/31. I understand that RCCL now requires all adults in room to buy the drink package. I called them because my husbad does not drink AT ALL. They said they would let me buy him the Refesment package which is 26.00 per day instead of the deluxe beverage package. MY QUESTION: If I buy my drink package onboard the first day will they still require him to buy the drink package or will they over look it at that point? Has anyone done this since these new rules have gone in effect??

Thanks...

I thought the new policy was supposed to go into effect on cruises starting Jan 1.

When we sailed the Allure this past August, we purchased our alcohol package on line before sailing and at that time only those in cabin who wanted to drink bought this package.

When we were on board and had to find out why the package we purchased for our 22 year old daughter was not loaded on her sea pass card we over heard the representative telling the people in front of us who were purchasing the package that all in cabin must purchase.

This was news to us and they already started it then.....

Safe travels.

For our cruise last week, I wanted to buy the Drink + Voom package for me, and just the drink package for my husband. Because they are 'different' packages, I had to call. I paid for mine on the first call, and had to call back later for his since he wasn't home, and I wanted to use his credit card for his package. The rep on the phone hesitated when I told her I had to do the second package later, but then said, "well I guess you can since you're sailing before Jan 1st." I took this to mean that if I wanted, I didn't have to buy him ANY package unless our sailing date was after January 1st, and that's why it was ok for me to not buy them both at once. I would argue it a little and see where you get.

Link to RCCL website says for sailings on or after December 31, 2017. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/beverage-package-sharing-policy

That's for new bookings (purchases) after that date isn't it? If you have already booked and purchased a drink package prior to that date this shouldn't affect you....right ?

That's for new bookings (purchases) after that date isn't it? If you have already booked and purchased a drink package prior to that date this shouldn't affect you....right ?

I don't have the answer to that. I've seen mixed responses about that on the boards.

I'd be very surprised if they made someone buy a drink package once onboard. However, I could see them cancelling someone's package pre-cruise and making them repurchse for two. I don't think that would happen, but I could see them doing it.

My wife and I are going on a cruise end of January. Went online in November to purchase deluxe for me and refreshment for wife as she doesn't drink. Found that when trying to order, we could only get deluxe for both. I called RC and they were able to get me the deluxe only ( with Voom 1 device for $56...deluxe had been going for $56 by itself) & wife the refreshment ($26)...process was painless and quick. The refreshment package dropped down to $18. I canceled and reordered that and no problems

I'd be very surprised if they made someone buy a drink package once onboard. However, I could see them cancelling someone's package pre-cruise and making them repurchse for two. I don't think that would happen, but I could see them doing it.

If they cancel our pre-cruise package and made us both do deluxe, I would be pissed...to the point where this would be our last RC cruise (it is our 1st) and go back to Carnival where we did our first 3 cruises with.

If they cancel our pre-cruise package and made us both do deluxe, I would be pissed...to the point where this would be our last RC cruise (it is our 1st) and go back to Carnival where we did our first 3 cruises with.

I for one have to say...I highly doubt RCI would cancel a pre-purchased drink package....they want your business and to keep you as an RCI cruiser...Cheers ;)