Carnival Cruise Line Refreshes Breakfast, Specialty Menus -- And Brings Back Baked Al

LauraS

The Magic has the new breakfast and deli menu's. Didn't see baked Alaska but we skipped the dining room a few nights. Everything was good except the homemade granola. It tasted burnt. We went to the dining every day for breakfast. They still have the brunch menu on sea days.

Is baked Alaska only set time dining, or select dining times also? We are on Liberty in January and my wife loves the Baked Alaska of yesterday.

If it's available on your ship in the MDR, it should be available for both YTD and set time dining patrons, as both use the same menu.

As I recall on the Vista, it was the last night of the cruise or maybe the night before that, so I suspect they "save" it as a pleasant late-cruise surprise. :)

The Magic has the new breakfast and deli menu's. Didn't see baked Alaska but we skipped the dining room a few nights. Everything was good except the homemade granola. It tasted burnt. We went to the dining every day for breakfast. They still have the brunch menu on sea days.

Did they have the new breakfast during sea days too? Or just port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's great to see Carnival shaking up the menus. Many of the items in the MDR, Steakhouse and the Italian restaurant are nice additions. The pork belly, in the steakhouse, is one of them.

They are a little behind the trend with Avocado Toast, Kale and the express breakfast. Avocado Toast is something I chuckle about and it's popularity is now dying off.

I personally dislike Kale but many people love it. I never liked Baked Alaska and I really didn't like the parade but both of these things are my problem and for those that enjoy them then enjoy!!!

Take care,

Mike

I had the Baked Alaska once. It was sad. I hope the new Baked Alaska is better.

We had the Baked Alaska, on Vista, in November. It was very good, but different from the old style with egg white meringue topping. This was a marshmallow, toasted topping. It was delicious; far better than meringue. The dessert was served, table side, after a parade, on the last night of the cruise. It was the only featured dessert on the menu that night.

• 3 weeks later...
We had the Baked Alaska, on Vista, in November. It was very good, but different from the old style with egg white meringue topping. This was a marshmallow, toasted topping. It was delicious; far better than meringue. The dessert was served, table side, after a parade, on the last night of the cruise. It was the only featured dessert on the menu that night.

May try it, but was never a fan of the old style of Baked Alaska.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk