NASA Space Center in Houston

dwayneb236

Finally get to go to a cruise a day early. It just has never worked out for us to be able to. Never had any problems so thank goodness for that.

My question is, we will be staying near NASA. Is a 2 or 3 hour trip over there worth it? I'm thinking they open around 10 but I don't wanna push it on the boarding times. Thanks.

Finally get to go to a cruise a day early. It just has never worked out for us to be able to. Never had any problems so thank goodness for that.

My question is, we will be staying near NASA. Is a 2 or 3 hour trip over there worth it? I'm thinking they open around 10 but I don't wanna push it on the boarding times. Thanks.

We did 3 hours there a few years back and felt like it was well worth our time.

In our case we had a 5pm flight after the cruise, so we were not pressed for time.

Thanks ya'll. Will be arriving fairly late on Saturday so no chance to go a day early. Trying to squeeze it in before we head to the port but I can get impatient to get on the ship. We'll see.

How about after the cruise, any time before you fly out?

We did a full day "Behind the Scenes" tour. It was amazing, got to see the neutral buoyancy tank (full replica ISS underwater), the High Definition ISS mock-up, and I even got to sit in the Historic Mission Control's Flight Director chair. It just so happened that our tour guide, David Cisco, is on the board of directors and was awarded a Silver Snoopy pin and he had plenty of stories to share.

Yes you can see the visitor center and grab one of the included buses to a couple of stops, but the extra tour was completely worth the expense and time.

Let me add, we were there until after 3 PM seeing as much as we wanted and this included the Tram Tour, the tour of the shuttle and theater etc. We got back to the hotel by 4 PM to relax the rest of the day. We left for the cruise terminal Sunday AM around 9:15 dropped the car off and were at the cruise terminal by 10:45.

We really enjoyed our trip there, it can be done in your time frame. However we did the most expensive tour, maybe $130 each. it was amazing, look up the reviews. it took almost all day (if you have that long) it was a behind the scenes tour, nice bus rides. I highly recommend it if you ever have the time

We were there last year, but we weren't rushed for time as it was a free day for us. We did spend a good part of the day there as we just loved it. I don't remember the name of the tour we did but it went to the old Mission Control center, the one we used to see on TV all the time.

. We enjoyed the tour of the Space Shuttle and just wandering around this amazing place.

I guess you could do as much as possible in 3 hours, but I feel you would be rushed.

Cheers

Len

There is a lot to see at JSC. You can see some in 3 hours, but I would also recommend going after, if at all possible. We live nearby and used to have season passes. They are constantly changing their exhibits.

If you do have to cut it to three hours, make a plan ahead of time for what you really want to see. Check out their website for information.