No piano player in schooner bar?

Piano player on the Freedom Nov11 2017. No piano player on the Indy Nov 27 2017. Schooner Bar was dead except for trivia. Also lobster was tastier on Indy.

According to the Compass somebody posted there was a piano player named Amber Gartner. Did she not show up?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2570850

WE have had 2 very different experiences on Oasis class.

2017 was Harmony, and the piano player was so laid back, we almost fell asleep so we left

2016 was Allure, it was Matt Ganim.

https://www.facebook.com/MattGanimPianoMan/

He was excellent. The person definitely makes the difference.

Matt was on Anthem last year, but his facebook shows him now in Melbourne.

Sad to see him leave cruises...but if your in Melbourne, you need to drop by. He is excellent.

Dueling piano bars are always so much fun, I'd like to see RC add these

As an added show in a showroom, for dueling pianos but not in place of a piano bar. Two different types of entertainment!

For me, dueling pianos are a one time show, much like a production or Broadway show. Piano bars can be enjoyed every night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

With all the negative experience’s related in this thread, I have to respond with my enjoyment of “Jam”, currently playing in the Anthem’s Schooner...

He is an accomplished piano player, and a pretty good entertainer.

While he didn’t exactly “pack ‘em in”, like the dueling “Howl at the Moon” piano’s do on the NCL Breakaway,

He certainly had his “regular’s” there each night,

And he also had many of the off-duty singers from the ship’s show cast accompanying him, as well as some talented guests,,,,

The location sounds a bit better than the Oasis Class, but there was a lot of “traffic” passing thru, and sometimes noise from loud bands in the Music Hall, below....Bolero’s was in a better location, isolation-wise...

Was that Jam the piano man??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As an added show in a showroom, for dueling pianos but not in place of a piano bar. Two different types of entertainment!

For me, dueling pianos are a one time show, much like a production or Broadway show. Piano bars can be enjoyed every night.

It was both a show and a piano bar....they drew in a large number of regulars each night they performed....they "begged" for the audience to join in, and took lots and lots of requests....(especially if you submitted with a 'tip');)

Had a great piano player a few years ago. Can't remember his name...maybe Kelly?? They blur together after a while. One night he "was" Elton John. The next night he "was" Billy Joel. He dressed and acted the part. I think also did 60 Beatles songs in 60 minutes one night, if I'm not mistaken. While we enjoy the Schooner Bar, that was the first time that I remember going there specifically to watch the piano player.

Had a great piano player a few years ago. Can't remember his name...maybe Kelly?? They blur together after a while. One night he "was" Elton John. The next night he "was" Billy Joel. He dressed and acted the part. I think also did 60 Beatles songs in 60 minutes one night, if I'm not mistaken. While we enjoy the Schooner Bar, that was the first time that I remember going there specifically to watch the piano player.

Kelly Goodrich.

Yes Indeed. Just looked through my old reviews and found him on Freedom in 2015. Short YouTube video as Elton John:

We've enjoyed Kelly on Monarch several times. One of the top Schiooner Bar performers we've been lucky enough to see.

Sounds like you mean Kelly Goodrich. He was on the Monarch and Freedom out of Port Canaveral for a few years, also on the Radiance and a few others. He's been with Royal for about 8 or 9 years.

He was given the chance to do the Oasis class ships But turned it down because of location and interruptions from the promenade below.

He will be on the Rhapsody out of Tampa soon.

I think you are right.

We are getting someone new at St Thomas. They have Steven Burk listed in the Compass for tomorrow.

How is/was the new guy? We'll be back on Grandeur March 15, but will miss JR Neal at the piano.

• 1 month later...
Kelly Goodrich.

Is Kelly Goodrich the guy who brings his wife along on all his voyage contracts?

Is he still playing on the Freedom?

We are going on the Freedom on February 25 in 17 days. I think we met him and his wife a few years back in the Pub on the Freedom and hope to see him again.

I have forgotten his wife’s name. Maybe Ann, or maybe Paula?? Do you know her name?

Is Kelly Goodrich the guy who brings his wife along on all his voyage contracts?

We are going on the Freedom on February 25 in 17 days. I think we met him and his wife a few years back in the Pub on the Freedom and hope to see him again.

I have forgotten his wife’s name. Maybe Ann, or maybe Paula?? Do you know her name?

I don't recall her name, but she was on Monarch with Kelly when we saw him in Schooner.

Yes her name is Ann. Ann and Kelly. They are on the rhapsody till May. A friend of mine knows them form when he was in a Elvis cover band. He still keeps in touch with them.

Yes her name is Ann. Ann and Kelly. They are on the rhapsody till May. A friend of mine knows them form when he was in a Elvis cover band. He still keeps in touch with them.

Kelly is great!

Ann posted this on FB: "To answer some questions about our schedule.....we will be here until May 20th and then join Freedom June 16-October 20 out of San Juan."

We really enjoyed our visit with them on Rhapsody last week! :D