Post when you booked your cruise and when your guarantee room was assigned

I was curious when Guarantee rooms are assigned and how far out you booked your cruise. Some CC members get their assignment within a couple of days booking and others a couple of days before sailing. So please post when your room was assigned and how far you booked in advance.

I have two cruises booked both Guarantee rooms and have booked 10 months in advance and no assignments yet.

ML

Booked Cat. W (Jr. Suite Guarantee) on 10/30/2017 for 12/15/2017 cruise. Grand Suite assigned on on 12/6/2017, one week ago and 9 days before the cruise. The previous time that we booked that category, the room was assigned 3 weeks in advance of the cruise, but it was (as it usually is) a JS. You never know when the room will be assigned but this one was certainly worth the wait!

I booked myself on an ocean view guarantee cabin back in October for a sailing on Feb 22, 2018. I received my cabin assignment 2 days after booking, however I only knew because I called in about an issue. They won’t send any documents letting you know that you’ve been assigned. You can either go online to the portal, or call in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone, but how far in advance did you book your cruise? Was it a couple of months out or longer? Did you complete all of your documents first before the assignment or was your assignment given to you without doing all of your documents?

Thank You

ML

We've done at least 15 guarantee sailings so I can't post each one. Some were assigned the day or so after booking, even prior ( 6 months or more ) to final payment, most were assigned with 2 weeks of booking (regardless if I was in final payment window) and a few were assigned a week or so prior to sailing. One was assigned the day prior to sailing .

Our most recent guarantee is a cruise for Jan 15, 2018 booked on November 30. Room assignment was made a day after booking.

M

We booked a balcony Guarantee for our cruise on Grandeur about 90 days out, saving about $200 pp IIRC and got our D1 cabin assignment about 2 weeks later. I hadn't completed any cruise documentation, and the only way I knew it had been assigned was checking the My Cruises page. Overall I'm really pleased with the experience and the stateroom assignment since I don't know enough about the ship to have have chosen any better on my own!

Booked a balcony guarantee a few weeks ago for my April/17 Jewel cruise. I received the cabin assignment about 8 days later. It was the most forward cabin on Deck 10. I called and was able to change it to a cabin in the same category more mid-ship. Very happy and a great price!

Hi,

Just curious, did you book thru RC & then call RC to change your cabin assignment? or did you book thru TA & call TA to change your cabin assignment?

When we booked a guarantee cabin, our TA gave us a little hassle about changing it, even tho the change was to a cabin right across the hall from one we had for our transatlantic for next cruise. Saw plenty of cabins available so thought it wasn't a big deal. Wonder if next time, we should just call RC to change our cabin.

NJ

Hi,

Just curious, did you book thru RC & then call RC to change your cabin assignment? or did you book thru TA & call TA to change your cabin assignment?

When we booked a guarantee cabin, our TA gave us a little hassle about changing it, even tho the change was to a cabin right across the hall from one we had for our transatlantic for next cruise. Saw plenty of cabins available so thought it wasn't a big deal. Wonder if next time, we should just call RC to change our cabin.

NJ

I did book directly with RC and all it took was a quick phone call. I didn’t mention guarantee, just that I wanted to change my cabin. It has to be within the same category. I took the advise I heard here to look at the UK RC site which lists all the available cabins, not just a few. I knew which one I wanted and just asked. Actually, I changed my mind a few days later and called to have it changed again!

I believe if you book through a TA, they have to do this for you. I personally feel this is a good reason to book directly with RC.