Royal Caribbean hints at big reveal 11.7.17

mcatmcat

(CocoCay)

Really curious as to how much new construction has been visible at CocoCay, and whether there are signs of the new pier being built (it's kinda hard to hide something like that).

Not an idle question and I'm hoping the work can be done early in 2019 rather than later. I'll be on a charter on Independence in Feb. 2019* and we're hoping for a fresh port to visit. CocoCay would be awesome.

Was there September 5th, and the construction is quite obvious. It was very comical to listed to the people on the tender speculate as to what the construction was.. the best was on the way back, when one guy told another, that Royal Caribbean is building an oil rig which will be used to fuel their ships. :loudcry:

OMG too FUNNY! Thought it was just our last cruise...no pepper offered. My husband said he's taking his own pepper grinder next cruise. So, they're really gone??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not really, there was a large pepper grinder at Giovanni's on the Feb. Navigator cruise.:D

OMG too FUNNY! Thought it was just our last cruise...no pepper offered. My husband said he's taking his own pepper grinder next cruise. So, they're really gone??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After rumors of no more pepepr grinders started on CC last spring, I took this photo during our cruise on Anthem.

VBq6u8aQmcOLNRM6fvAhmIDu_n-QVyRCIieZq_ZeUlXGiLeHL3IISEvTNLGrKYY-zf7L2W8B-wyd28OWMseOaU_fQTyZNGW_OEeN46W6pr9l_lUz7I6WgCPawIWoaxUrrQrGsLamy3DBVfCapO5ZgsQ3E-AcDswh4ioO6wVBDpEpm5SyBXU_dXIpFJsBtOm5noDSz1VivKiSPwLV9CZYjvYGQuZE4zKoZAJXK3MpXDi8cbVcwM5hA-Hkqloxm3OMI4Oaphbta1VcLVoVU7sStsazubgLWJVKCc1KUiTbha-VvNcqOEK8CZeZpXQaRkMeYzeB74hHTp0RAlBzwLZPn7VrF3nq3oZphIA1Hg0ow6awByA7Rivid_KHEuHs7mMke7aYICysiuTc-i2SdX5HFt2CGBYW7dISu92fq9_WE9qGk1pxAhNh6Uc1hMLQKGBHHWxRd7lO7MZZrT1FNd4OB7A3_oZWf2qGi0eCTK-hp5b7WEekQcUJzT7Nw9ljbzWuu3kUFaq4sOv3QsCUMSXjnJ6ZhwsHqdrVf6CVjsReWY4iZD8OBmrfToos7pFze48gXoN2ItETnIAs3KvUhQrbsvvIg1PdmIR3A6ZnmZnjdw=w389-h691-no

:D

dp

Was there September 5th, and the construction is quite obvious. It was very comical to listed to the people on the tender speculate as to what the construction was.. the best was on the way back, when one guy told another, that Royal Caribbean is building an oil rig which will be used to fuel their ships. :loudcry:

Well, we don't KNOW that's false. Maybe it's part of the "major construction" RCI is doing there? :D :halo:

• 1 month later...
With a larger ship like Ovation...simple 5thgrade math tells you it won't fit based on the Radiance's small limitations oferror. By the time mid-May rolls around, the water levels drop whereby evenRadiance may or may not be allowed to navigate Tracy Arm.
Perhaps...butthe specific ports should be interesting. Ovation won't "fit" in somethat Radiance does.

It's good that Ovation provides a new experience for seeingAlaska, but it's just important to note that the ship's size limits where itcan go. Many people get that, but for those who don't - when the specificitineraries are reviewed, those details will be exposed by excluding a numberof places frequented only by smaller ships like Radiance.

Sure...except I have been talking about several Inner Passage Alaska stops(even referenced Tracy Arm Fjord specifically as one example), which remainimpossible for Ovation to visit. The glacial coast and Inner Passage are notthe same, but then again, a few people need to read the details, as opposed totrolling threads.

Anything further you'd like to add, Cruisefan0000?

p.s. Biker, I am now waiting for both of your "resurrection" and "popcorn" photos. Thank you