How did you find cruise critic?

kaseyoz

Just a post to get a few posters who do not reply much to write.

How did you find cruise critic? and what was your first post about, if you remember?

I honestly do not recall how I found this place but I probably googled it after deciding to go on our first cruise. My first post was just introducing myself a few years back.

Well, now like lots of us here I am addictive to cruising. I never would have thought then, how many other cruises I would go on or the wonderful people I have met.

Your turn:D

before i joined this site i used to belong to a US CC site but i didnt like it very much because you had to be careful what you said as the americans didnt have a sense of humour so i googled and found this site nearly 2 years ago

as you can tell by my signature we have only been cruising for 2 1/2 years and we have got over 200 days with princess and p&o plus a lot with rhapsody.....we have retired and we belong to the ski club

i dont know what my first post was but i have picked up some very good information over the time and i have enjoyed myself here

rkmw

I found out about Cruise Critic through my dad, as he was looking up some info about the Pacific Star I think.

My first post was asking about where they got some info about the Pacific Star, as we where about to go on her & she got damaged in a storm. We found out through Cruise Critic that our cruse was cancelled before P&O told us.

I found after I have booked my first cruise. I searched for reviews of the ship and found CC. I have learnt so much and have enjoyed the relationships being formed from our cruise family on CC.

I have yet to sail P and O (only Princess) but have a cruise booked in Feb 2010, so I may finally get to meet a few of you.

My first post, dare I say it, was on tipping and lucky for me on the US board they saw I was from Australia and were very kind to me.

Linda

'The Fox' (col & Di) told me about it on our last cruise,had found CC before but not the boards, think I started out on the NZ boards asking questions for our upcoming NZ cruise but found more helpful friendly advise on this site, now I check it out every day sometimes twice! bit sad really:o

Robin

We were booked on Pacific Dawn (few years ago) and I googled "cruise reviews" for Dawn and stumbled onto this site. As said before we oftern find out things before some T/A. We were booked on Pacific Jewel this NYE and when I checked on here one day I read what people were saying about the ship change - Dawn to Bris and Jewel to Sydney, I wasnt sure what it all meant but after reading quite a few comments on here about it I understood. ie...no itiniery change or departure port change. I rang T/A the next day and she didnt know anything about it, when she checked, she said, wow, you should come and work here, you seem to know more about it than us. lol...So, for update info this really is the best site.. Fionaicon11.gif

I too found CC after booking our cruise and searching for reviews on Sun Princess, I was glad because we booked so far out ( 12 months ) And before I knew it I was checking every day to see what everyone had to say and the questions they would ask. I especially love reading the reviews as they are always interesting no matter how long / short they are or what ship they are about. Since finding CC I have learnt alot.

Whilst planning for our 1st cruise, I happened to Google Pacific Dawn & there was a Cruise Critic discussion item showing in the list. Once there I found a great number of other topics & reviews to explore. I later became a member so as to gain access & participate in a roll call for our cruise.

Can't remember what my first post was about, but I have been hooked ever since.

Alan

before i joined this site i used to belong to a US CC site but i didnt like it very much because you had to be careful what you said as the americans didnt have a sense of humour so i googled and found this site nearly 2 years ago

rkmw

LMAO, do tell, but cough cough, we are we again?

I googled for cruise reviews and thus found my way here and elsewhere. :)

We were going on our first cruise without any family/friends, and wandered if there was anyone else out there who was in the same boat.... literally :rolleyes:

I knew that some other 'holidays' had roll calls, so I went looking and found CC.

The rest is history!!:)

Hi I hardly ever post I found Cruise Critic in 2007 after trying to find info on the Pacific Sun as my kids were younger then and I worried about them going overboard it seems funny now but at the time I was quite scared but after 1 cruise we were hooked and have luckily been every year since and next year leave from Freo yay no flying I think my first post was a hello but can't remember.:):):)

Mandy

I just found this site today I was looking for info on" Alaska weather" trying to figure out just what to pack for this cruise and somehow ended up here....Liked what I saw and signed up. This will be our first cruise ever and we need all the help we can get. First post was a answer about one of the port's and a trip idea someone had....

Googled for reviews of Costa Allegra after my wife booked our cruise and discovered CC and this board. I frequent a few other forums (bands, football, some big-ish and global) but was rather stunned to find one here with half a million members and 20 million posts.

Also discovered http://www.shipparade.com if you like pictures of 'em :D

i joined cc when some one in another forum (a scrapbooking forum) recommended it some one else who was wanting info on cruising.

I cant remember my first post. i mainly ask questions here as this will be my first cruise, so dont feel like im a big part of the board or any thing. i do try to put comments in where i can though :)

I found it through Google after my TA mentioned it was a great source of info for the first time cruiser. Through CC i met some fantastic people to take excursions with and in our roll call of 69 pax, we were the only English! we were made very welcome and are now hooked on cruising:)

Archived