pacific dawn

We are in a suite on the pacific dawn -- im also taking with my (will be then) 15mth old boy. he will still be having milk and some times from bottles. Are there microwaves in the suites to warm up his bottles??

hi at, i have never cruised in a suite but i dont think it'd be allowed to have a microwave in the suite as no one cooks in the room so you may have to ask room service for a jug with some hot water

rkmw

I really admire you with this undertaking.

In answer to your question re microwaves..

short answer is NO.

Looks like you you will have to rely on room service,

or take a lot of cash , and tip your room stewards,

for a jug of hot water.

Have you read the terms and conditions

of the cruise contract and realise what you are up for?

Somewhere else, newspaper I think, a while ago, I was reading about someone who asked about a heating element.

Apparently this is quite a small gadget, costs about $19, which you can put in a (non electric) jug or whatever and boil the water.

Saves taking an electric kettle etc

If you had one, plus a small metal container and could boil some water, you could easily sit the bottle in that then to warm.

You could buy a few packs of full cream long life milk and pop them in the fridge, buy more as you need them.

At 15 months, your son possibly isn't on formula so this could work.

The other alternative is to just go to the buffet and ask for a glass or two of warm milk.

I am thinking of getting my husband to do that when we cruise on pacific dawn anyway, as my husband prefers warm milk on cereal.

Somewhere else, newspaper I think, a while ago, I was reading about someone who asked about a heating element.

Apparently this is quite a small gadget, costs about $19, which you can put in a (non electric) jug or whatever and boil the water.

Saves taking an electric kettle etc

If you had one, plus a small metal container and could boil some water, you could easily sit the bottle in that then to warm.

They are called Travel Immersion Heaters.

Lots of folk take one with them when they travel as you can easily heat up a drink in a cup.

Most electrical shops should stock them, or know where to get them, and they are not expensive.

You would need to check on the ship re power drain and voltage though.

416RoJuO0zL._SS500_.jpg

You can get the water boilers from any where they sell travel related things. Luggage shops etc. Also as a thought, I think the self serve coffee machines might put out just plain hot water? Or you could go to the atrim on level 5 n ask them for some water from their coffee machine there is also the few other small bars around that I think would be more than happy to oblige. After all I'm sure your not the first one to have asked. Enjoy your cruise I hope the info helps make things easier for you

there are no microwaves in the suites. a coffee machine yes. newspaper yes,

no need to feel you have to tip the cabin stewards any more then any other cabin on the ship.

I have an idea! if there is the Nespresso Coffee machine in your room it will make the hot water for you.. simply dont add a capsul and just "run" the water. It will be hot enough to heat a babys bottle just take something to put the water in. Presto!
Thats a great idea as you can get hot water from is , but i dont now how much, as I did make a coffee and tea from each morning.

i have a nespresso machine at home.. its not the quickest thing in the world but you wont need much to heat up a bottle... and if you are in your room then why not... when you are out and about just ask the cafe. There you go... all sorted. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived