arr/dep times of shore trips

hi,

a little back info:

am travelling with a elderly relative who really wants to go on particular shore trip, but it is an all day trip and she wont be able to handle such a long day. So I have done some internet research and found a very similar tour, but only 4 hours. and it is not organised through p&o...

I would like to book it independently so went to check what time we will be arriving at the port, but cannot find the information any where! is there any where i can find this out? should i just assume that if they are offering all day tours at the port, that i would be able to book a 9am depart/1pm return tour???

eek sorry for the flooding the boards lately - v.excited about sunday :P

hi,

a little back info:

am travelling with a elderly relative who really wants to go on particular shore trip, but it is an all day trip and she wont be able to handle such a long day. So I have done some internet research and found a very similar tour, but only 4 hours. and it is not organised through p&o...

I would like to book it independently so went to check what time we will be arriving at the port, but cannot find the information any where! is there any where i can find this out? should i just assume that if they are offering all day tours at the port, that i would be able to book a 9am depart/1pm return tour???

eek sorry for the flooding the boards lately - v.excited about sunday :P

I find it very difficult to believe that you can not find out from your TA or from the cruise company what time the ship docks. Every cruise that I have taken shows it clearly on the itinerary. That said, if they say that the ship will dock at a certain time, there is no guarantee that it will actually dock at that time or that you will get off the ship promptly. Sometimes there are unforeseen delays.

DON

P & O used to put the time in the itinerary - usually 8am. Lately they put in the words "Full Day". They probably don't want to commit themselves because people look for any reason to complain :). I don't know which port you are referring to, but arrival is usually around 8am. In my opinion you would be safe to book a tour for 9am departure. I think the times you mention for the tour are better than full day, especially for your relative. You can do your sightseeing, then be back on the ship for lunch, then there is time for a nap for your relative and you can easily go ashore again yourself.

Is the tour operator asking for money up-front? I always feel happier if they don't ask for money and you just pay on the day. Keep in mind that on rare occasions (bad weather etc.) the ship may not be able to call at a port at all, or could be very late.

Archived