Which Itinerary next?

OhCheck

My girlfriend and I have been on 3 RCI cruises so far, and are trying to decide on our next!

Here are what we have done so far:

Majesty - Nassau, CocoCay, Key West

Mariner - Roatan, Belize City, Cozumel

Freedom - CocoCay, St. Thomas, St. Maartan

We prefer something 4-7 nights. We both agree'd the cruise on the Majesty was too short.

We need to leave out of the US, try to keep airfare prices reasonable. We could save a little drive to NJ or out of Baltimore.

What would you suggest next and why? Thanks!

Second vote for Bermuda! Beautiful island, and a change from the same old-same old Caribbean.

I am not sure about being docked in one place for so long.

I like the southern caribbean idea, not thrilled about leaving out of San Juan though.

How are the locals in Bermuda?

Do the Freedom Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel.

You probably won't find any voyages that you have not been to at least one island.

After a few more caribbean cruises you won't find hardly any places that you have not been yet..

if you want to keep costs down by sailing out of NJ or Baltimore with caribbean flare, you are stuck with Explore or Enchantment, but neither is "stuck". Both are nice. Freedom is a great ship, but you'll have the expense of flying to Orlando and then an expensive shuttle to/from canaveral. If you've done the Majesty already, don't do that again; try a better ship.

How are the locals in Bermuda?

You are kidding, right? They are friendly, speak English, and many are quite wealthy. The island is clean and relatively safe. It is not a third world island.

Bermuda is a really beautiful place to visit. There are many things to see. The transportation system is esay to use and inexpensive. [buses and ferries] The Beaches are good for swimming and snorkeling. There are many hiking paths. We enjoyed looking at the lighthouses.

I agree with OceanBoy about Southern Caribbean out of Puerto Rico. That was a fantastic cruise!

Will also agree with Papaflamingo about the Canada/New England cruise. Any time of the year is gorgeous, but those fall foliage cruises are spectacular.

You've got some great choices here.

Southern Caribbean out of San Juan offers a port-intensive itinerary with new-to-you places to visit.

Explorer out of New Jersey is great too. We did their 9 night itinerary to Bermuda, Labadee, San Juan and St. Maarten. Their 5 and 7 day itineraries to Bermuda only are wonderful. Also, Canada/NE in the fall is different, and very lovely (we went in late August, so the weather was still warm, but not Caribbean hot/humid).

Archived