"explorer now"

Big Feet

Got an upgraded cabin on check in day Friday. Deck 9 forward to suite on 10 aft. Beautiful cabin and crew is fantastic. Did Chops last night and doing Giovanni's Wednesday. Heading to SFO for the morning. Ship has had some upgrades since we were on her last. Meet the hotel manager Michael Landry at the cafe and very likable guy-- nice to see the bosses mixing with passengers like that. Had a slight problem with room service- wrong order delivered and long am wait for coffee but nothing ground shaking. Oh something ew for us (we are D+ with 370 days -- got an invite to view grand suite sleeps like 10 people-- was very roomie!!!!!! Nice to check it out with no one living in it.

more in the week.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Forums mobile app

We will be on her Friday, I suppose as you disembark. I will wave hello

Were you concerned about the Hepatitis A outbreak in San Francisco?

Our family member is a health care provider and they are very concerned about us.

I haven't seen any warnings from RCCL

We were on the Explorer a few years ago with my older sister who has now passed.

It was her first and last cruise. This may be a bit too sentimental for a few minutes.

Anxious to see the upgrades.

Got an upgraded cabin on check in day Friday. Deck 9 forward to suite on 10 aft. Beautiful cabin and crew is fantastic. Did Chops last night and doing Giovanni's Wednesday. Heading to SFO for the morning. Ship has had some upgrades since we were on her last. Meet the hotel manager Michael Landry at the cafe and very likable guy-- nice to see the bosses mixing with passengers like that. Had a slight problem with room service- wrong order delivered and long am wait for coffee but nothing ground shaking. Oh something ew for us (we are D+ with 370 days -- got an invite to view grand suite sleeps like 10 people-- was very roomie!!!!!! Nice to check it out with no one living in it.

more in the week.

Sent from my SM-T587P using Forums mobile app

Thank you for review. I wonder if you can let me know if the coffee card is bring punched per drink or per shot. Also what kind of teas are being offered on the coffee card. Are the teas higher quality than you get in the buffet?

We'll be on Explorer for her 22 night transpacific on Oct 6th. Would love to get an upgrade to a suite but the cruise is sold out so I doubt that will happen-but thats OK. This is only our 5th RC cruise-we usually cruise on Celebrity. But very excited-never been on a cruise this long. It will be an "adventure".

Teanne

Were you concerned about the Hepatitis A outbreak in San Francisco?

Our family member is a health care provider and they are very concerned about us.

I haven't seen any warnings from RCCL

we live 90 miles from SF and have heard nothing about an outbreak. We were there last weekend and all was fine. We board in the morning as well, flying into Seattle in the AM

We'll be on Explorer for her 22 night transpacific on Oct 6th. Would love to get an upgrade to a suite but the cruise is sold out so I doubt that will happen-but thats OK. This is only our 5th RC cruise-we usually cruise on Celebrity. But very excited-never been on a cruise this long. It will be an "adventure".

Teanne

Very jealous, that's one of our bucket list cruises. Bon Voyage!

Teanne

We'll be on the Explorer for the transpacific as well. See you in a couple weeks.

We were on Explorer last month for the Alaska cruise. Great cruuse, great crew, maybe the best cabin attendant and wait team we have ever had. BUT, not sure when, but Explorer has been re-configured to hold about 1000 more pax than the other Voyager class ships, close to 4000 total. For the first time in my experience, a Royal Caribbean ship felt way over-crowded. At peak times, elevators and the Windjammer were basically logjammed. I would avoid the ship unless I was REALLY interested in the itinerary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Forums mobile app

We were on Explorer last month for the Alaska cruise. Great cruuse, great crew, maybe the best cabin attendant and wait team we have ever had. BUT, not sure when, but Explorer has been re-configured to hold about 1000 more pax than the other Voyager class ships, close to 4000 total. For the first time in my experience, a Royal Caribbean ship felt way over-crowded. At peak times, elevators and the Windjammer were basically logjammed. I would avoid the ship unless I was REALLY interested in the itinerary.

I believe the additional staterooms added around 200 berths.

1000 was approximate. Although there are inconsistent figures out there, most show the capacity of Explorer as now around 4000. Voyager is 3100 or so. Again, there is inconsistent info out there and I have made no effort to sort out the inconsistencies. But, from my recent personal experience, when full, the ship is way over crowded and doesn't have the infrastructure to handle the load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

1000 was approximate. Although there are inconsistent figures out there, most show the capacity of Explorer as now around 4000. Voyager is 3100 or so. Again, there is inconsistent info out there and I have made no effort to sort out the inconsistencies. But, from my recent personal experience, when full, the ship is way over crowded and doesn't have the infrastructure to handle the load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

Great! We are "living" on her for 33 days!

Great! We are "living" on her for 33 days!

Nothing to fear!!!

We were on EoS in Dec 2016 on what was probably a full or near to capacity ship.

At no time did it feel overcrowded (even at the pool on sea days). Yes, it can get a little busy when the theatre is emptying but for no more than a few minutes.

We had no problem with waiting times for the lifts when we used them, and usually managed to find a table in the WJ at peak times (occasionally with the help of a crew member).

Enjoy your cruise :cool:

Nothing to fear!!!

We were on EoS in Dec 2016 on what was probably a full or near to capacity ship.

At no time did it feel overcrowded (even at the pool on sea days). Yes, it can get a little busy when the theatre is emptying but for no more than a few minutes.

We had no problem with waiting times for the lifts when we used them, and usually managed to find a table in the WJ at peak times (occasionally with the help of a crew member).

Enjoy your cruise :cool:

Thank you, doing a B2B TP..........lots of sea days.

Got off of Explorer yesterday. Captain said we had 3200 passengers and were full. (Maybe could hold more w/pullman beds or sofa beds)

We'll be on Explorer on the 6th-for a TP cruise. How was your experience? This cruise is "sold out" so wondering how crowded it seemed to you. Any issues or problems. We don't usually cruise RC-we love Celebrity. We're not drinkers, foodies or gamblers so no packages for us. We usually eat in the MDR or the buffet. I'd love to hear how things were on Explorer.

Teanne

Got off of Explorer yesterday. Captain said we had 3200 passengers and were full. (Maybe could hold more w/pullman beds or sofa beds)

Explorer and Voyager have identical capacities: 3,114 at double occupancy / 3,840 maximum (rooms that sleep more than 2). Navigator is the only one in the class with a different number and that's 3,686/3,990.