A few Miracle/Long Beach questions

riktishaw

I am about 60 days about from cruuuuusing on the Miracle out of Long Beach. It has been a long time since I last cruised (this will be my second on Carnival) and am SO looking forward to it. Even with only 2 ports (and the potential to miss one), it will be a blast. Can I ask hive mind a few questions?

1. Do suites come with water daily? Or should I order bottled water and enjoy the one free bottle for returning guests? I feel like read something about water in suites, but "water" is a terrible search term on this board!

2. I am in a suite (sic) - what time does Long Beach start boarding? From all I have read, Long Beach doesn't adhere to boarding times.

3. I have a 4 year old who loves eating out and is going to love the dining room, but with that said, he's still four. A mild mannered, quiet four, but I am not sure he will do well all squished in a regular chair. Is it easy to request a booth (or something else if you have a better idea) on boarding day, or should I use JH Facebook post to request ahead of time?

4. Is there PPV on the TV on the Miracle? Are they recent movies? Or are there recent free movies on board? I think I saw something about in the lounge, but nothing recent.

5. I have a mild shellfish allergy, do I need to make the MDR aware? It is never a problem on land because most restaurants don't cross contaminate tools, is it the same here?

1. Think suites get one large bottle of water. Bottled water onboard can be preordered (12 pack, $4.99) or ordered thru room service. Tap water is fine to drink. We bring an empty bottle onboard an refill it from a clean cup.

2. Boarding starts around 11:30 in Long Beach. Check in can start as early as 9:30. Suites get priority, you do have pick but not follow your chosen time. Your cabin will not be ready until 1-1:30.

3. Do you have assigned or anytime dining? If assigned, can check your table assignment with the MD around 1pm at embarkation. If anytime, simply request it.

4. There are recent movies, usually shown down in Mad Hatters, then repeated the next day on TV.

This is my basic post about allergies..... We travel with a group that combined has allergies to peanuts, treenuts, shellfish, egg whites, chocolate, MSG and liquid dairy. Only had issues with 'user' error, no issues with Carnival. If you have a nut allergy, know that Carnival classifies seeds as nuts.

Each ship seems to do things a little differently. This has been our experiences on the West Coast ships.

If you have an odd allergy contact Special Needs before your cruise. If you have a 'normal' allergy no need to do so.

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/dietary-needs.aspx

See the Hostess at embarkation when the Maitre 'd has hours. Hours will be in the FunTmes, usually starting around 1pm. The hostess will take that night's order. Each night the hostess or your waiter will bring you the next day's MDR menu-breakfast, brunch/lunch and dinner. If deciding between two entrees, order both. For brunch don't hesitate to order a breakfast and lunch if you want to eat both meals in the MDR. At ATD, an order slip will be generated and given to your waitstaff when seated. They will confirm the order with you.

Only issue we've ever had was one cruise DD's food arrived before mine.

For room service, they cannot make special for you but they can tell you the ingredients. No special area so there is always the possibility of contamination

Buffet is a minefield. Ask the Hostess or the Head Lido Chef or the Food and Beverage crew in the officer whites. DO NOT ask the line cooks or those serving desserts. They mean well but do not know the full recipes. Cross contamination is always a possibility.

Onshore--- we bring allergy cards. I made our own but you can buy some at selectwisely dot com.

You can only bring off commercially prepared food. We bring cereal bars, boxes of cereal, bottled water, hard candy etc.

Many ports will check. Some will do a physical search, others use dogs. You do not want the cute Labrador to sit next to you. I've had them alert on my Lemonheads.

Kids clubs have a form to fill out. There are some snacks served at times. The younger kids meet up at the dinner buffet certain nights. Ask the counselors what's on the menu.

Gluten Free has a few different things. Cruise Critic has lots of info about GF. Use ‘gluten’ or ‘celiac’ in the search engine. Know there’s at least GF pizza, noodles, bread available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums