Sunbeds

PaSaEl

I'm new to Costa.

I see it's possible to buy a sunbed on my cruise. And we have a lot of days at sea

>Reserved sunbed with beach towel in an external deck area reserved for adults only that is far away from the swimming pools from 8 am to 6 pm for the entire duration of the cruise.<

But questions are, will my sun bed still be available to me if I first arrive eg. 12 noon?? :confused:

And it is on Mediterranea.

Costa doesn't allow it but in practice you will see that people put their towels on all available free deckchairs as soon as possible and they remain empty for nearly all day long. You may occupy these as reservation is not allowed, but you should be aware that those people come a couple of hours later to claim "their property". If you buy some in the reserved area they are yours indeed, there are exactly as much as sold, if not you may ask a staff member for yours as even in these paid areas you can't prevent people to ignore the signs. Bad behaivor you just find everywhere.

Yes on some of Costa's ships you can purchase a sun bed on a selected deck from 8am to sunset. This bed is yours for the duration of the cruise.

We have been on Mediterranea several times but can't recall ever seeing one , as she is one of the smaller of Costa's ships.

Further to the post above, if you book into mycosta with your name & booking number then go to Personalize, Comfort, Entertainment & Services then look there it will tell you if sun-beds are available in Adults only section.

On our Diadema trip in December the beds are 65 euros for the whole cruise.

Further to the post above, if you book into mycosta with your name & booking number then go to Personalize, Comfort, Entertainment & Services then look there it will tell you if sun-beds are available in Adults only section.

On our Diadema trip in December the beds are 65 euros for the whole cruise.

That's where I saw it :)

But I can not be in the sun from 8 o'clock, so the question is, is the sunbeds still mine if I, for example, first arrive at 12 o'clock ?? if so, 100 euros for the whole cruise is a nice price :cool:

My next cruise is 20 days with 10 seadays. Mediterranea in March. And shown almost sold out, so very nice to have my own sunbed reserved, I guess

But I can not be in the sun from 8 o'clock, so the question is, is the sunbeds still mine if I, for example, first arrive at 12 o'clock ??

There will be as many sunbeds as reserved in an area people mustn't even enter if they don't pay for. So if you reserve one you will find a sundbed at any time of the day - or you'll find somebody who can't read. But in those cases you can rely on the help of Costa, just because it's yours.

There will be as many sunbeds as reserved in an area people mustn't even enter if they don't pay for. So if you reserve one you will find a sundbed at any time of the day - or you'll find somebody who can't read. But in those cases you can rely on the help of Costa, just because it's yours.

Perfect, You made me decide :)

There's gonna be a sunbed with my name on. Thank you

That's where I saw it :)

But I can not be in the sun from 8 o'clock, so the question is, is the sunbeds still mine if I, for example, first arrive at 12 o'clock ?? if so, 100 euros for the whole cruise is a nice price :cool:

My next cruise is 20 days with 10 seadays. Mediterranea in March. And shown almost sold out, so very nice to have my own sunbed reserved, I guess

Yes the sun bed is only yours (by Number) regardless of when you use it.

There is also a waiter that will bring drinks etc. for this deck alone.

Yes the sun bed is only yours (by Number) regardless of when you use it.

There is also a waiter that will bring drinks etc. for this deck alone.

Thank you. Now I just have to wait for it to be march. And it's gonna be a looong wait ;)

• 5 years later...
On 10/25/2017 at 9:20 PM, PaSaEl said:

Thank you. Now I just have to wait for it to be march. And it's gonna be a looong wait 😉

Hi, how was your cruise and were the sunbeds worth the money?

We have reserved them, but are able to cancel them until June 8th.

Is there realy a waiter to bring the drinks?

Thank you for your reply