Deck One VS Deck Two

Cookieluvr4

I am booking my cruise on the Carnival Liberty and I have decided on an ocean view room. I was wondering whether I should choose a room on the main deck or the second deck? I was worried about the noise from the third deck but then I didn't know if there would be a lot of noise from the ship itself underneath the first/main deck. I know I want near the middle of the ship but how far from the elevators would I need to be to avoid noise or the crews quarters. Trying to find a numbered sections I would be happy in. Thank you in advance.

There are several decks below deck 1, between you and the engines! No worries! The crew has to stay somewhere! If you're worried about being above the crew (who are probably too tired to make much noise) pick deck 2..you will have passengers below you. We like the convenience of being near the stair/elevator areas...but it you don't want to be too close, look at the deck plans, and go about 4-5 cabins away.

• 2 weeks later...

deck 1 will be cheaper then deck 2

being under the dining room is good-- its carpeted. Avoid under the galley at all costs. GAlley runs 24/7

avoid under the show lounge will get the beat of the bass from the shows. Dancers practice late at night or early in the morning

• 1 month later...

We sailed on the Valor, which is roughly a similar layout to the Liberty. Our cabin was an OV on Deck 2 aft, under the dining room. We never heard a single noise from above. There was some vibration when we docked at ports but we were up and about by then so it didn’t disturb our sleep.

On our Breeze cruise a couple of weeks ago our families booked the cabins behind the forward elevators. The thought was that there are two ways to exit the elevator area, forward and aft. In most cases people would head forward if their room was forward and they’d head aft if their room was aft. Rarely did people have to walk past our rooms. And there were no rooms across from us so it ended up being relatively quiet in this area.