Jade Questions

ladydancer

Just came off the Jade today. Very easy to get around and there is poolside live band music every seaday. There is also a band, a duet, a solo guitarist and a piano player who rotate the 4 venues every night so there is 4 venues with live music, nightly show and theme parties. You will have a great time.

Just came off the Jade today. Very easy to get around and there is poolside live band music every seaday. There is also a band, a duet, a solo guitarist and a piano player who rotate the 4 venues every night so there is 4 venues with live music, nightly show and theme parties. You will have a great time.

couple of questions- what is the entertainment on board? Also did you notice whether they were doing any of the "Canvas by U" painting things?

couple of questions- what is the entertainment on board? Also did you notice whether they were doing any of the "Canvas by U" painting things?

We were on the 11 night Panama Canal cruise. There was a show at 7:30 repeated at 9:30 every night followed by a theme party at Spinnaker or pool deck. Elements and Blazing Boots are the regular shows on every cruise along with the welcome aboard party. We also had a magician, comic, aerialist, 2 different soloists, and 2 other shows by Norwegian singer/dancers.

I didn't care for Blazing Boots because I don't care for country music. The guitarist in the atrium was pretty good, the trio that played at poolside and bliss (C+ was the name????) were excellent, the duet whose name currently escapes me played current hits and they were pretty good. Zoe the pianist was Ok.

All in All we thought the entertainment was varied and very good. They do have canvas by u but we didn't attend.

We were on the 11 night Panama Canal cruise. There was a show at 7:30 repeated at 9:30 every night followed by a theme party at Spinnaker or pool deck. Elements and Blazing Boots are the regular shows on every cruise along with the welcome aboard party. We also had a magician, comic, aerialist, 2 different soloists, and 2 other shows by Norwegian singer/dancers.

I didn't care for Blazing Boots because I don't care for country music. The guitarist in the atrium was pretty good, the trio that played at poolside and bliss (C+ was the name????) were excellent, the duet whose name currently escapes me played current hits and they were pretty good. Zoe the pianist was Ok.

All in All we thought the entertainment was varied and very good. They do have canvas by u but we didn't attend.

thanks for the info! We are on the Jade in March (southern caribbean- 10 day). How was the comic and the magician? Was the comic family friendly? I'd love any other insights to the ship, food, activities, etc.

thanks for the info! We are on the Jade in March (southern caribbean- 10 day). How was the comic and the magician? Was the comic family friendly? I'd love any other insights to the ship, food, activities, etc.

Magician was so-so, comic was family friendly and very funny but by March they will probably have rotated out. We are pool people so didn't participate in a whole lot of inside activities. There was trivia, Let's make a deal, Majority rules and other indoor games and a lot of fun pool games. We had very few kids so the adults were able to use both pools and all hot tubs. The kids had a parade one day.

Food is subjective -we had dinner in the main dining room only on TG day and it was very good. Le Bistro was awesome, Cagney's ok, have had better. Teppenyaki was fun with surprisingly great food. Jasmine was very good and we ate there twice. O'Sheahan's was regular bar food. As suite guests we enjoyed breakfast at Moderno which was refreshing.

Edited by nednrom

Some other stuff: Jade is a mid-size ship that has been refurbished. it has the new dining venues but not a slide, rope course etc. There are a lot of nice areas to relax read, play cards, games and such. We had happy hours at the martini bar every night before dinner and after the bar tenders get to know you, they are pretty accommodating. Dancing is fun! Enjoy your cruise

Magician was so-so, comic was family friendly and very funny but by March they will probably have rotated out. We are pool people so didn't participate in a whole lot of inside activities. There was trivia, Let's make a deal, Majority rules and other indoor games and a lot of fun pool games. We had very few kids so the adults were able to use both pools and all hot tubs. The kids had a parade one day.

Food is subjective -we had dinner in the main dining room only on TG day and it was very good. Le Bistro was awesome, Cagney's ok, have had better. Teppenyaki was fun with surprisingly great food. Jasmine was very good and we ate there twice. O'Sheahan's was regular bar food. As suite guests we enjoyed breakfast at Moderno which was refreshing.

Thanks! We will be suite too (haven)- who was your concierge? I'm glad that the suite breakfast/lunch is in Moderno like the other jewel class ships- it makes more sense there with the nice big buffet. Was it tough getting a seat at Jasmine? Did you have a reservation or were you able to walk in there pretty easily?

We will be sailing on the Jade for the first time on 12/7. Are there any "secrets" to getting around and enjoying the ship? Also, do the lounges have live music and dancing? Thanks!!!!

The best secret to getting around is if you are on a cabin deck and get turned around, look down. The fish on the carpet are swimming towards to front//forward of the ship.

Thanks! We will be suite too (haven)- who was your concierge? I'm glad that the suite breakfast/lunch is in Moderno like the other jewel class ships- it makes more sense there with the nice big buffet. Was it tough getting a seat at Jasmine? Did you have a reservation or were you able to walk in there pretty easily?

Omar was our concierge and he was awesome! He checked on us to make sure all was going well- changed dinner reservations for us with no problems. He returned every call immediately, knew us by name the first day. He greeted all suite guests in the beginning of every show. If you don't make dinner reservations online, they will make reservations for you to coincide with sea days but you can change this -I think it's a place holder for a table for the suite guests. I had made my reservations but changed one to a different night/restaurant.

Moderno is breakfast, Cagney's lunch - they are side by side so no issue there. The first night we were given a pager and waited for a table at Jasmin for about 30 minutes. The second time, we were able to walk in. I don't think they accept reservations.

The best secret to getting around is if you are on a cabin deck and get turned around, look down. The fish on the carpet are swimming towards to front//forward of the ship.

IIRC, every so often, wasn't there a different colored one swimming in the opposite direction? Like one every 20 feet or so.

Hi,

Curious at to what your itinerary was...So Carib?

Heg Connie...what kind of drink is the Rebellian Fish? It looks delicious!

*Rebellious Fish

Heg n Hey Luckynana (MaryAnn) it's a really nice, fun drink, here's what's in it:

Rebellious Fish– made with Grey Goose L’Orange Vodka, Passoa passion fruit liqueur, triple sec, orange, Prosecco

It sounds and looks real pretty ... yummy too.. ;p

Here is the recipe taken from this page :)

Rebellious Fish Recipe

Ingredients:

• 0.75 oz. Passoa passion fruit liqueur
  • 0.75 oz. Russian Standard vodka
  • 0.25 oz. triple sec
  • 2 oz. prosecco
  • 2 oz. Orange juice
  • Fresh berries (garnish)

Directions:

• Combine passionfruit liqueur, vodka, triple sec and orange juice in a mixing glass.
  • Shake contents.
  • Pour mixture into glass, over ice.
  • Pour prosecco (sparkling wine) through strainer into 12 oz. serving glass, over ice.
  • Float berries on top.