Zuiderdam Internet

Losnab

:o

Here's a picture of the internet plans we had on the Zuiderdam in mid-November. I loved it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxioiw1f5wi0rr2/Internet%20Access.jpg?dl=0

(If you can't see it, please let me know. I've had so much trouble posting photos here that I'll be delighted if it's visible.)

Your link worked well. Nice to see you had the unlimited internet. I've only seen it on the Westerdam so this is promising that it might spread throughout the fleet ;)

Here's a picture of the internet plans we had on the Zuiderdam in mid-November. I loved it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxioiw1f5wi0rr2/Internet%20Access.jpg?dl=0

(If you can't see it, please let me know. I've had so much trouble posting photos here that I'll be delighted if it's visible.)

Thanks so much. This is so helpful in my planning.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can i share a package with my son if we log out each time we are finished and login with same password?

Yes. You can share with anyone on the ship, so long as the same ID and password are used, and only one device at a time.

You will want to log out at the end of every session anyway, I would think. Even if you have unlimited, and it isn't costing you minutes, it is costing bandwidth and slowing the system.

Hmmm I just need to do a quick email check daily. So 200 mb on the social plan should suffice but I am wondering if sites such as gmail, and others might be blocked with this option?

Hmmm I just need to do a quick email check daily. So 200 mb on the social plan should suffice but I am wondering if sites such as gmail, and others might be blocked with this option?

I think you need at least the middle plan (Surf) to do any email.

Exactly my issue, no email usage on the social plan. I had the mid level plan on a TA with CCL. I am sure they use Same technology. It was well worth it got to upload all my digital photo on last Sea day. You can use Facebook messenger thru. Social plan including phone calls

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks at least I get more value as it seems I can use the middle plan for FaceTime calls.

I think FaceTime is not included no streaming. I may be wrong. I use it to check into airport.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there other ways to use the internet besides these plans? For example is there a room where you can use the ship's computers and pay for usage on hourly rate? Also, is there free wireless in the ports? Thanks.

Are there other ways to use the internet besides these plans? For example is there a room where you can use the ship's computers and pay for usage on hourly rate? Also, is there free wireless in the ports? Thanks.
On ships with the unlimited plans there is no by-the-minute option, either on your own device or the ship's public computers. Most ports have free or cheap (just buy a drink) internet, but these are often slow because of heavy usage. Ask your steward or follow crew leaving the ship carrying a laptop or tablet. Edited by catl331

Had the streaming option on Zuiderdam over the past week and it allowed DH and me to participate in web meetings at work very well. Video and audio came through via laptop and smart phone. Worth it for keeping up with work. We shared the one log in.