Questions about NCL Jade

AkSusan

Have experience with other cruise lines, but, first time on NCL. Doing a Star Trek cruise on the Jade in January!

So, I have a few questions!

We have a balcony, so, in regards to the bathroom amenities, are they separate soap, shampoo, etc., or are they in a dispenser in the shower? And, if the dispenser in the shower, what is included? Is there bar soap for the sink and/or shower?

Do they refresh the ice bucket twice a day, or, do you have to ask for them to do that?

We have connecting rooms, so, will ask to have the connecting door opened, but, will they also open the divider between the balconies too?

What's the earliest someone has boarded Jade in Miami, and, what is the latest you've disembarked?

Also, do you need your edocs for check in (ask as I see a bar code on it)?

Think that's all I can think of, as I was able to find out, that you can't take your own water, soda onboard, and, if you take wine, it's $15 a bottle!

Thanks!

Susan :)

Soaps are provided in shower and sink. They really WANT you to wash hands often.

Ice bucket should be refreshed. If important, just let the room steward know.

Seems to be a common topic on divider. If nobody answers right away, a quick search on "divider" will get lots of responses.

You should be able to board late morning. Getting off - varies depending on day, and where the ship is coming from. Miami airport is really close if that is the question.

Edocs not required, but you need something to get past the pier rent a cops. And it makes like easier, so bring them.

Soaps are provided in shower and sink. They really WANT you to wash hands often.

Ice bucket should be refreshed. If important, just let the room steward know.

Seems to be a common topic on divider. If nobody answers right away, a quick search on "divider" will get lots of responses.

You should be able to board late morning. Getting off - varies depending on day, and where the ship is coming from. Miami airport is really close if that is the question.

Edocs not required, but you need something to get past the pier rent a cops. And it makes like easier, so bring them.

Thanks for the answers!

Asked about how late you can get off, because, I don't have a flight out of Fort Lauderdale until 6:55 p.m. Have looked at doing a ship excursion, with a drop off at the airport, but, they want $80.

So, the question comes down to, how much do I want to sit at the Fort Lauderdale, as the airline I fly doesn't have their check in counters open until later in the afternoon!

late flight?

Rent a car. You now have a place for luggage. And transport to Ft Laud.

Been thinking about doing that too! Just hate all the traffic down there (we have traffic in Anchorage, but, nothing like some of the places in the Lower 48)!

As for rental cars..... many of the Miami locations will shuttle you and your luggage from the port to the airport for free. Just be prepared to show your reservation confirmation. Then you’ve got East highway access and can do whatever until you return the car to FLL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Customs must clear a ship before the next cruise boards. So boarding will start around 11:30/12/12:30.

Plan to be off the ship by 9:30/10.

Thanks!

Figure we'll head out, after the hotel check out time!

• 4 months later...
As for rental cars..... many of the Miami locations will shuttle you and your luggage from the port to the airport for free. Just be prepared to show your reservation confirmation. Then you’ve got East highway access and can do whatever until you return the car to FLL.

This was our plan as well.

We rented/pre-paid 90 day out thru BUDGET in Miami. Their shuttle picked us up at the ship & took us to the office.

We were then told they had no cars available.

We were left stranded in downtown Miami; with a flight pending in FLL. They offered no assistance.

On top of this, they refused to refund our payment. It took two weeks and six phone calls to corporate before partial refund was received.

We just got back Saturday from Escape. We rented a car from Alamo(always have good luck). Went to the flea market in Ft Lauderdale, had lunch, went to a movie, then went to the airport.:D

BTW. We will be in Anchorage in August. Will wave as we pass by.. LOL

What about looking for a day rate hotel so you can spend the day in the sunshine, by the pool and be able to shower (in your day rate room) when you are ready to leave for your flight. Google day rate hotels in MIA and see what comes up.