So. Jersey to Manhattan ideas

CruisingRt66

It would be helpful for us to offer ideas and advice if you care to share more particulars, instead of making guesses ... South Jersey isn't exactly a few dots on Google Map ... dates of travel, # of nights/ship, luggage & mobility consideration, if any, etc.

I see that you have been asking questions, maybe related or not - rather not do wild guesses. Make logical sense, what do you say :p

We are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, Ridgefield Park, NJ. If you get the cruise and park package, shuttle to the pier is included.

The things I am concerned about is what time the shuttle leaves the hotel to go to the pier, traffic into the city concerns me a lot being my departure is on a Friday. Then there is the weather. And is parking at the hotel secure?

The things I am concerned about is what time the shuttle leaves the hotel to go to the pier, traffic into the city concerns me a lot being my departure is on a Friday. Then there is the weather. And is parking at the hotel secure?

Call the hotel to discuss the timing of the shuttle. The hotel is close to the GW Bridge, which is 7 lanes into NY City, so traffic should subside after 9 am. The Henry Hudson Parkway to thecruise terminal is the very first exit in NYC. The shuttles should know the local area and be able to sneak onto the bridge from local streets if necessary. The Lincoln Tunnel is always an alternate option.

You can't control the weather. The have been no posts about car security issues at the hotel.

We are on your cruise. It says well lit parking. Never had an issue leaving our car at a hotel. Sounds like you have enough concerns (time, traffic, weather, security) maybe paying to park at the pier would give you the most sense of security.