If you've been on the Glory, Sunshine or Miracle...

CJDepew

Hello cruisers,

After a less than positive experience on the Conquest a few years ago, a group of approximately 20 of us (ages 40-65) are looking to return to Carnival in 2019. We're not sure if it will be an eastern or western Caribbean itinerary and have some decisions to make.

I know the Miracle is smaller and lacks some amenities in comparison, but would appreciate hearing about food, service and general experiences on Glory, Sunshine and Miracle.

Thanks in advance,

Carolyn

Glory is the same as Conquest with the exception that it has Waterworks. Conquest Class ships are my preference although I haven’t been on Miracle or Sunshine.

I did like the Conquest itself. Our problems were with food and service. But there seems to be plenty of good reasons to give Carnival another try.

I did like the Conquest itself. Our problems were with food and service. But there seems to be plenty of good reasons to give Carnival another try.

I’ve been on Conquest 3 times and the second time was not good. Ended up with food poisoning and service was very slow. Glad I gave it another try.

Sunshine was amazing, has all the 2.0 amenities, plus the biggest Serenity Deck in the fleet. She can be alittle crowded but none the less our family love her.

Agreed, Sunshine has to be the best Carnival ship that we have sailed on (3x!) To add they have extra dining choices hidden in the aft behind the buffet. Also love the deli!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello cruisers,

After a less than positive experience on the Conquest a few years ago, a group of approximately 20 of us (ages 40-65) are looking to return to Carnival in 2019. We're not sure if it will be an eastern or western Caribbean itinerary and have some decisions to make.

I know the Miracle is smaller and lacks some amenities in comparison, but would appreciate hearing about food, service and general experiences on Glory, Sunshine and Miracle.

Thanks in advance,

Carolyn

We sailed on Glory over Thanksgiving week and gave her top marks for food and service. Not perfect by any means but certainly acceptable for the price we paid. In many cases I've seen an overall improvement over our first two Carnival cruises.

We have been on Glory multiple times, the Miracle and on the Sunshine when she was called the "Destiny" (before her upgrades).....however we have also been on multiple Dream class ships (more like the Sunshine - ie, Breeze, Magic, Vista etc). We prefer the Conquest 'class' or Dream 'class' over the 'Spirit' class of ship due to configuration (even with the MDR galley creating some floor dodging on Conquest/Dream class ships). The choice is really personal preference. Service, food etc really varies from cruise to cruise, even on the same ship on different sailings.....so it is hard to give 'solid' advice on any of the above. Choose a ship that has the amenities you want, service and food is hard to predict....and added to this is personal opinion. Good Luck OP, we have most always enjoyed our CCL cruises, with few exceptions!

Been on Glory once and Sunshine twice. No contest for me. Sunshine is the only Carnival ship I have been eager to re-book, in fact we are looking at a third trip on the old gal. More features/amenities, more and better food options (Havana Bar and Jiji's Asian Kitchen are enough reason for me to go with Sunshine). Huge Serenity area with its own pool, including waterfall.

Been on all , Sunshine is just a smaller version of the Dream class . Serenity on this ship is one of the best in the fleet.

But still the Spirit class feels like your own a different style ship other that the Conquest type. In reality you are ,Miracle has options that the other class ships doesn't offer. I don't think they ever placed a big screen on that ship though, they should. The design feels like you have two separate Lido decks.

Because of the age bracket of the group.

Miracle gets my vote on this one , enjoy.

Hate the chopped up felling of the Conquest deck plan.

Even though the Miracle doesn’t have all the amenities of the newer ships, she’s a wonderful ship.

The two pool areas are nice, the forward one is always quiet compared to the other one.

I like them all. My personal favorite is the Spirit class, though. I like that size and layout so much better than Carnival's other classes.

But even if I sailed any one ship a dozen times, it's still a very small sample size. And what I experience will be completely different from what the people in the cabin next to me experience simply based on the choices we make while on the ship. Even if you do a B2B, your experience will be different. So while one person may say they dislike one ship and love another, that may be totally opposite of what the next person thinks!

I recommend you read recent reviews on THIS board (not the main review board).

But, yeah, in other words, you need to decide what features you like and feel you "need" on a ship and make your decision.

I travel mostly for the ports, so itinerary is my #1 priority, then price, then ship.

Can't go wrong with any of those choices. I've sailed Glory 3 times. Destiny once before she became Sunshine, once after, and a 3rd time next month. But, my favorite of them all was Miracle. Less amenities, but also less crowed and a more subtle decor.

Been on the Sunshine twice, it was amazing both. Not too small at all. I loved all of the 2.0 features. My kids spent the entire cruise on the SkyCourse.

The Glory was also really nice. It was very big, but once again, the Sunshine wasn't too small.

Can't say anything for the Miracle, haven't been on it. I have heard good things though.

Hello cruisers,

Thanks in advance,

Carolyn

Went on the Sunshine (former Destiny) and loved it-had Jamie Dee as Cruise director, great bands, all around fun time.

Hello cruisers,

Thanks in advance,

Carolyn

Been on all 3 ships. Glory is my preference of the three (Conquest is my favorite class) closely followed by the Sunshine. Miracle the least favorite of the 3. Food and service about the same on all. It's more about the amenities offered.

Honestly, I've been on two of the three. But I've sailed on a different Spirit class ship as well. Of the three styles, my favorite would be the Miracle. The Spirit class was hands down my favorite experience. The ship is slightly smaller but a lot less crowded. It felt like they made wonderful use of all public areas.

There is also an "interior" room that's actually a French door ocean view. The doors open but there is no balcony. But the price is an interior. They are awesome!

Way back we loved the glory

5 years ago loved the miracle....except the nightclub was a weird design, loved the serenity deck!

And whomever says all ships should have a big screen outside is cra cra.....some of us want to go on vacations to get away from screens. Lol.

Not old!

just hate strolling on deck with movie blaring all day and night on deck:eek:

I did the glory for my first cruise and I thought it was absolutely amazing in December of 2015 for Eastern Caribbean. I love my porch so much that's why I was very happy to do Carnival Fascination and go back to

San Juan

Hello cruisers,

Thanks in advance,

Carolyn

Way back we loved the glory

5 years ago loved the miracle....except the nightclub was a weird design, loved the serenity deck!

And whomever says all ships should have a big screen outside is cra cra.....some of us want to go on vacations to get away from screens. Lol.

Not old!

just hate strolling on deck with movie blaring all day and night on deck:eek:

So you didn't like Frankie or movies under the stars ;p

• 1 month later...

The Sunshine is a very nice ship, however there are only two pools; one where the kids jump all over the place, the second is on the Serenity Deck, but its a smaller pool than the standard sizes found on other ships. We had a 3 day at sea Southern Carribbean voyage and Serenity was packed each day. Been so long since I was on the Glory. Booked the Miracle for itinerary and a shorter drive, Tampa as opposed to Port Canaveral.