Lobster or Lobster roll N E and Canada

hunt182644

Ports we will be in Bar Harbor, Halifax, Sydney, Charlottetown Not looking for anything fancy just a good recommendation for places to chow down on good fresh lobster. Can't wait to get that butter and juice running down my arms and a lobster smile on my face.:D

The Side Street Cafe in Bah Habah might be more fancy than you would like but I had an amazing lobster Cobb salad there. Alas, no butter with the salad. My DM had a lobster roll that she enjoyed.

In BaR HarboR, Side Street Cafe provided us with many very good lunches as did West Street Cafe. Both a short walk from the ship. Side STREET cafe sandwiches are bIG !. :)

Edited by sail7seas

did it last year and had great mussels in PEI but lousy lobster. Didn't think that could happen. Did better in other ports.

I personaLLy prefer a whole steamed lobster to a lobster roll. Halifax has wonderful fresh, steamed lobsters for a great lunch. Just this minute I have a brain freeze on the name of the restaurant wherew we had our lobsters. We walked alonggthe sewsall when we e xited the terminal, (turn right) and came to a great restaurantr with a large outeoor patio for lunching on a beaurriful day. We could justr about see the ship form our lunch talbe. :) Hopefully the name will come to me.

Too many places put too much filler and little lobster in their rolls for the price they charge.

There used to be a place in Bar Harbor that made lobster rolls with just lobster or lobster/butter. They were the best -- they have closed.

Therefore I would find a place where you can get a good lobster dinner.

In Bar Harbor West Street Cafe has a "special" that is only for an hour or so ( we went there right after getting off the tender) that offers steamed lobster and blueberry pie for a very good price....but I still prefer a good lobster roll!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have never had bad lobster in any of those ports. I've done the touristy restaurants and the ones that looked empty, and have enjoyed everything I have had.

I know in Sydney, one of the churches usually does a Lobster Bake as a fundraiser in conjunction with a craft fair in the Church Hall. It's really good, and a great value -- nothing fancy, but good food for a fair price.

Do you recall the name of the church?

I do not remember exactly, but looking at the Google Maps of Sydney, it's the church hall behind the St. George's Anglican Church on Nepean Street, about a 3-4 block walk from the pier.

Since my first visit in 1998, there has always been a lovely craft fair in the hall and a lobster bake. I think the price started about $10 for the lobster & sides and might have been $12 the last time I was there in 2013 -- I was supposed to go last year, but be had to miss Sydney because of a storm & flooding in the town, so I am not sure if they are still doing it, but I can't see why they would not.

I personaLLy prefer a whole steamed lobster to a lobster roll. Halifax has wonderful fresh, steamed lobsters for a great lunch. Just this minute I have a brain freeze on the name of the restaurant wherew we had our lobsters. We walked alonggthe sewsall when we e xited the terminal, (turn right) and came to a great restaurantr with a large outeoor patio for lunching on a beaurriful day. We could justr about see the ship form our lunch talbe. :) Hopefully the name will come to me.

Could this be the place? Water Front Wharehouse/Tugs Pub.

Fantastic seafood offerings. Lobster, oysters and delicious fresh full belly fried clams. Extensive menu enough to please anyone.

http://www.waterfrontwarehouse.ca/

Edited by aliaschief

Could this be the place? Water Front Wharehouse/Tugs Pub.

Fantastic seafood offerings. Lobster, oysters and delicious fresh full belly fried clams. Extensive menu enough to please anyone.

http://www.waterfrontwarehouse.ca/

Though that place sounds good, that is not the one we go to. I wish i had someone to call and ask but there is no one.. maybe the name will pop into my head ;0

Now I am craving fried clams. I usually avoid fried food but a plate of clams sure does sound good.

We enjoyed Geddy's in Bar Harbor and

McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes in Halifax near the Maritime Museum.Both had excellent lobster rolls and both serve full lobster dinners.

On every trip we make to the Northeast we find a place for a lunch of lobster rolls and a local beer. All of the lobster rolls have been different and all delicious. Even the ones we had at McDonald's were tasty :D

The best lobster you can eat is at Halifax. You will need to rent a car and do a road trip to go to Peggys Cove. Near Indian Harbour its a place called Ryer Lobster. The best lobster, boiled in sea water. At a good price.

The place si nothing fancy, but you will like it.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g635951-d2252615-Reviews-Ryer_Lobsters-Indian_Harbour_Halifax_Region_Nova_Scotia.html

Here is a review I found on the internet:

https://www.acanadianfoodie.com/2014/05/28/ryer-lobsters-enroute-to-peggys-cove/

The best lobster you can eat is at Halifax. You will need to rent a car and do a road trip to go to Peggys Cove. Near Indian Harbour its a place called Ryer Lobster. The best lobster, boiled in sea water. At a good price.

The place si nothing fancy, but you will like it.

BUT this Bostonian muc h prefers lobster steamed and never boiled. It is more tender, IMO, :)

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g635951-d2252615-Reviews-Ryer_Lobsters-Indian_Harbour_Halifax_Region_Nova_Scotia.html

Here is a review I found on the internet:

https://www.acanadianfoodie.com/2014/05/28/ryer-lobsters-enroute-to-peggys-cove/[/quote

No offense, just personal preference.

We enjoyed Geddy's in Bar Harbor and

McKelvie's Delishes Fishes Dishes in Halifax near the Maritime Museum.Both had excellent lobster rolls and both serve full lobster dinners.

On every trip we make to the Northeast we find a place for a lunch of lobster rolls and a local beer. All of the lobster rolls have been different and all delicious. Even the ones we had at McDonald's were tasty :D

The web cam for Bar Harbor is hung on the front of Geddy's building and aimed down toward the tender dock. I ordereed clams there once and they came with NO bellies. S HAME on them.

No offense, just personal preference.

No offense at all.

In Mexico ( Baja Region ) we have Grilled Lobster, it is not bad, but the lobsters are from warm water. The cold water lobster that you have are bigger and tastier, in whatever way you cook them.

I know the restaurant Sail is talking about, but the name escapes me too. We had wonderful steamers and whole lobsters there.

Carol

Ahh, yes, we did speak a bout it, didn't we. :)

Nice to see you posting.

Also, we compared notes about the small place in charlottetown PEI on the corner of Prince and Water Streets. :) Wonderful steamers... The Best, IMO>

Edited by sail7seas