open or assigned dining and room service on Magica Caribbean itinerary?

mef_57

I am looking at a 15 day Caribbean cruise on Magica early 2019.

I last cruised 10 years ago on the Fortuna - with a social group. I will be cruising solo and would like to know the current dining options. I prefer MDR for all meals, but would prefer open to assigned dining. In 'assigned' is it only times assigned, or also tables? If also assigned tables, can I ask for table on my own?

Also, is it true that room service aside from breakfast is only a choice of sandwiches? how sad.

Thanks for any help determining my meal options.

I have finally manged to find a relevant Costa document, and I see booking and service options change this April. I can see that my questions are somewhat irrelevant to the future of Costa cruising.

If I could remove the post, I would. Cheers!

Which document did you find? Also what are the changes in April?

(please keep in mind I haven't been searching for a cruise for a year or so, so maybe it is old news) Buried in their Useful Information is a document that sort of answered a number of questions.....

https://www.costacruise.com/B2C/USA/Before_you_go/general/Documents/USEFULinfo_2017.pdf

Like some other lines, In April you add on the level of service which includes whether you are able to prebook dining times. Some ships have anytime dining, some do not...which seems to include Magica.

You will always be given the choice if that is available, just see Maître d', this is also down to which type of cabin you choose, but in general they do try to comply with your requests.

There are several choices with room service still although most warm/hot dishes are rare.

On the Magica you can purchase one meal or even weekly in the club dinning room with suite guests, again subject to space available. This is now just part of the MRD's on the upper levels.

The buffet now serves roughly the same meals in the evening as MDR's but watch timings as they often shut early.

The Magica is a really nice medium sized ship easy to find your way round, we have been on her five times and looking again for next year.

Thanks Tenpin. Your comments help confirm what I thought. I go cheap in one of the single cabins, so I guess I might be lucky to not be set up in the hallway if I want to eat alone. I can serve myself food every other day of the year. Dining service with wine is what I am after, not a different food. Room service when I want the solitude. Thanks again.