Disembark Norwegian Star March 18, 2018

Vickey0726

Hello, we need to travel to the East coast after our cruise in Long Beach Cali. The 3 hour time change is killing us, I have kids who have to be in college/school Monday (the next day). we are in a suite, we want to walk our luggage off as soon as possible. If it docks at 8am what are the chances we can be off the ship and through immigration/customs by 9am? I want to book an 11:50am flight out of LAX. Help :)

Hello, we need to travel to the East coast after our cruise in Long Beach Cali. The 3 hour time change is killing us, I have kids who have to be in college/school Monday (the next day). we are in a suite, we want to walk our luggage off as soon as possible. If it docks at 8am what are the chances we can be off the ship and through immigration/customs by 9am? I want to book an 11:50am flight out of LAX. Help :)

If you have the concierge walk you off and get a porter to take your luggage they will walk you to the head of the immigration line you should be out of the terminal by 9am.

You probably will have no problems at all. It's only 45 min to an hour to LAX. I would avoid taking the NCL bus to the airport because you will have to wait for it to be completely full and it may make multiple stops at the airport. An Uber or Lyft will no doubt be faster or one of the shuttle services like "Prime Time" or "Super Shuttle" will be faster and less expensive than the NCL bus.

You probably will have no problems at all. It's only 45 min to an hour to LAX. I would avoid taking the NCL bus to the airport because you will have to wait for it to be completely full and it may make multiple stops at the airport. An Uber or Lyft will no doubt be faster or one of the shuttle services like "Prime Time" or "Super Shuttle" will be faster and less expensive than the NCL bus.

Excellent. We were planning on an uber or taxi or something quicker. Thank you

There is no way that I would even attempt that flight. That is a safe flight out of MIA where you are 15 minutes from the airport. IN LA you are at least an hour maybe 90 minutes from the airport if traffic is bad. You need to be there no later than 9:45, to allow enough time to check in and clear security. You are going to be rushed the whole way. Coming back east from the west coast is always an entire day long adventure because of the time difference.

What is your plan if you don't make it? Our weather here in Southern California in March often calls for fog so the port may be closed and the ship doesn't dock on time. Plus the ship has to be cleared by ICE and then you have to go through. On a good day you should make it, but have a backup plan.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As long as you don't run into an unseen problem with Customs and Immigration, this is really pretty easy. We have done it several times before and we have yet to have a problem. We are on the same ship a week earlier and we chose the 12:05 pm flight out of LAX. You do not need to be at airport 2 hour early unless you want a leisurely lunch. Last time we were on the 11:30 am flight and we had to turn in a rental car and we got lost as well. You should certainly be able to get to your transportation by 9 am and it will not be more than 90 minutes to your terminal. That will still give you wiggle room as long as you don't run into unforeseen problems.

Be aware: I just got off the Star yesterday in Los Angeles (San Pedro). I was one of the first walk-offs and in a flash cleared immigration and was out at the curb at 7:40am. I fired up my Uber app and it came back with "No drivers in your area." I kept trying for about 15-20 minutes but could never get a car. I thought it might be a problem with my phone at first, but then I heard several other couples complaining about the same thing. Maybe we were too early? Finally gave up took a taxi to LAX. Cost me $59 plus tip and took about 45 minutes.

Vickey0726 your really going to put yourself & family into a very stressful situation here.

Any problems and your goosed take a later flight & relax a little bit, it's your vacation.

3 hours time difference is nothing try my 8 hours, back home in the UK I am going to bed at midnight

which is four in the afternoon for my head then I am wide awake 2 hours later at 2am ready to hit the

bar's, Stardust Theatre & Aqua Restaurant..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by regnarts
spelling