Global Entry/Nexus/Sentri Card Holders Need to Re-Register on New Government Site

Pstreet12

As of October 1, 2017, the government eliminated the GOES site, where Global Entry/Sentri/Nexus cards were registered; it can no longer be used. All travelers who hold these cards are supposed to re-register with the new site which has been set up for these programs.

I assume it's not important until you need to update passport/driver's license information, address information/or apply for a new card, but nevertheless, the government is asking card holders to re-register. The following link takes you to easy directions for re-registering for Global Entry/Sentri/Nexus on the new government site--a cloud based one. Everyone I know is re-registering now to, hopefully, avoid problems when it is time to renew.

A search engine can find you directions for the process on the new site.

As of October 1, 2017, the government eliminated the GOES site, where Global Entry/Sentri/Nexus cards were registered; it can no longer be used. All travelers who hold these cards are supposed to re-register with the new site which has been set up for these programs.

I assume it's not important until you need to update passport/driver's license information, address information/or apply for a new card, but nevertheless, the government is asking card holders to re-register. The following link takes you to easy directions for re-registering for Global Entry/Sentri/Nexus on the new government site--a cloud based one. Everyone I know is re-registering now to, hopefully, avoid problems when it is time to renew.

A search engine can find you directions for the process on the new site.

No link was attached??

I reposted because I thought the link might be a problem with the moderators. If you google Global Entry government site, you'll get the actual government site. It, too, has directions for re-registering. I found the directions on the government site not quite as clear as the ones in the link I posted. The link I posted is from a travel/mileage points site. It is a safe site, but given the hacking world today, I can understand your reluctance to click on it--just use the actual government page. Their directions work just fine (but could be improved, in my opinion, with pictures of the sort the link I used has).

The new site is here:

https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/

I'm not happy with the new site; I thought the transfer setup was poorly done and I'm especially not happy there's no way to log in without being close to a phone that's listed in my profile.

Roy

Imagine if you changed phones or moved since you registered.

When you re-register, part of the process is giving you a "fail safe" code that is the ONLY way to access your account if you lose the password that you create. Anytime you have an update, like a new driver's license, you'll need to access the site, and I assume they will notify you when it's time to renew by using the information on that site. Otherwise, it seems to be just the place they keep the information.

I took me about a half hour to get both or our Global Entry programs switched over to the new site. You need to have you Global Entry number to enter into the system. I was a little confusing but after doing mine is was much easier doing the switch for my DW. It did show they you were eligible to renew our GE card.