Which itinerary would you choose??

Sirbeigealot

I am looking at two cruises in November 2018...

Both are 7 Day Mexico cruises on the Carnival Splendor.

One Cruise goes to Cabo Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan.

The other Cruise goes to Cabo and spends two days in Puerto Vallarta but does not go to Mazatlan.

The one that does not go to Mazatlan is about $150 cheaper.

Any thoughts or suggestions? :)

Hard to decide as both have good things to do. Sailed the Mazatlan it in a few weeks ago and are sailing the PV overnight in March.

PV overnight is lots of fun. Many of the restaurants don’t open until 6 and the bars along the Malecon stay open very late.

Neither choice is bad. Which has the better cabin?

This will be our fourth cruise and first 7 day cruise...also first balcony room...both sailings have good rooms available on the Empress deck...

The one cruise arrives in PV at 12 noon and departs the next day at 3 PM, then arrives in Cabo the next morning at 7:30 until 3:30 PM.

The other one is Cabo from 10 to 7, Mazatlán 8 to 5, and PV from 8 to 8.

The Mazatlán trip is 150.00 more.

• 2 weeks later...
This will be our fourth cruise and first 7 day cruise...also first balcony room...both sailings have good rooms available on the Empress deck...

The one cruise arrives in PV at 12 noon and departs the next day at 3 PM, then arrives in Cabo the next morning at 7:30 until 3:30 PM.

The other one is Cabo from 10 to 7, Mazatlán 8 to 5, and PV from 8 to 8.

The Mazatlán trip is 150.00 more.

I would choose the one with the longer port stop in Cabo, especially it it's Carnival as the tender process last month was disastrous. They were calling tender ticket numbers before all the priority passengers were able to catch a tender. Very disappointed at the way it was handled. They had many complaints. All that aside it was nice not to have to rush to get back to the ship. Had a great day at the beach at the Mango Deck.

Candi

I would choose the one with the longer port stop in Cabo, especially it it's Carnival as the tender process last month was disastrous. They were calling tender ticket numbers before all the priority passengers were able to catch a tender. Very disappointed at the way it was handled. They had many complaints. All that aside it was nice not to have to rush to get back to the ship. Had a great day at the beach at the Mango Deck.

Candi

y

Thank you for your reply we are actually spending the night in Puerto Vallarta I'm looking forward to a good time there and hopefully there are no issues with the tenders in Cabo

Hi, we have cruised the 7 day Mexican Rivera many times with different port configurations. We love Cabo & PV. Both have a lot to do and not do. Mazatlan has the least variety of things to do and nothing is close to the port. Mazatlan also has the highest crime rate of the 3 ports. I think your group should look at what you might want to do while in port and your budget.

Either cruise will be great and the Splendor is a great ship. We are currently on her now in Grand Turk [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums