My Time aka Anytime Dinning - can I make reservations before we board ship?

Just curious. We decided to try My Time on the Serenade in 2019. We really like NCL's Anytime dinning, but I suspect they are not the same.

Is it possible to go on line on call RCI and request a table for two at, say 6PM for the entire cruise, and do that before boarding? I know we can do that once on board. If so, how much in advance can we do that? Anyone know? Thought I'd ask here before calling RCI just to get whatever other associated information might be forthcoming from the experts here.......:cool:

Doug

Small ships open early. Ships like Anthem and Oasis at 90 days. When I try to book summer Anthem Mytime it shows "all times are booked, make changes in your Order History". After a few weeks I called C&A and was told bookings are not open yet. Had no problem making Vision reservations for next November online.

They will book you for a two-top automatically but may ask if you want to share when you arrive. We always get the same table and waiters for the cruise. Dining rooms seem to mostly open at 5:30, so if you want to eat at 6:00 you will want to make a reservation. Have seen all the two-tops taken by then (and have also seen dining rooms with more waiters than customers).

We sailed the Jewel on a TA last month. We always do ATD and a few weeks before sailing we received an email from RCI asking us to make a reservation time if we wanted. We usually don't and never really saw a need for it, but this time we did. We like to eat about 6:45 to 7:00 so we made a reservation for those times every night.

FYI we never really needed them as we were always seated as soon as we walked in, and we always request to share a table. I would suppose that if you wanted a specific time for a specific table you can't lose by making a reservation. Again, there must be certain times that are busier than others.

Cheers

Len