Veranda cabins on the Kongingsdam

SWFJOE

Have a chance to upgrade from an outside to a veranda. It says that veranda cabins start at 228sf and go up. Without being a suite, are any regular veranda cabins bigger then any other? Some cabins on deck 4 seem to have much larger verandas then others and some on deck 10 seem to be much smaller then others. Can anyone enlighten me on the differences. thanks so much

Have a chance to upgrade from an outside to a veranda. It says that veranda cabins start at 228sf and go up. Without being a suite, are any regular veranda cabins bigger then any other? Some cabins on deck 4 seem to have much larger verandas then others and some on deck 10 seem to be much smaller then others. Can anyone enlighten me on the differences. thanks so much
You are correct. The deck 4 VB and VF balconies are about 10 ft deep, and the deck 10 VQ are 4 ft. (The standard balconies on most veranda cabins are 6 ft deep.) However, except for the VS cabins on the stern almost everything else is the same size inside. Cabins at the bends (6152, 6169, 7133, 7134, 8136, 8149 etc) get a little extra triangular piece, and 4 HC VA on deck 8 (8132/34/45/47) get extra width. Some at the bends on decks 5 and 6 get a little extra balcony space instead of room inside. See photos of cabins 10031 and 4184 at halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/ Edited by catl331

Thank you for that great info. Any opinion on VB cabins aft deck 4. They do have larger verandas which would be nice but are there any drawbacks you know of?
About half of the balcony is exposed to view from above. Some would consider that a drawback.

2mw6mox.jpg

We spent two weeks in cabin 4020 in May on Kdam. It was fabulous! Huge balcony. Only drawback is the steel railing as opposed to the plexiglass ones on standard balconies. Did not bother us in the slightest, but some people report not liking it. The cabin is a nice size with a sofa. I would not hesitate to book these cabins.

We spent two weeks in cabin 4020 in May on Kdam. It was fabulous! Huge balcony. Only drawback is the steel railing as opposed to the plexiglass ones on standard balconies. Did not bother us in the slightest, but some people report not liking it. The cabin is a nice size with a sofa. I would not hesitate to book these cabins.

We have some friends that are considering booking this cabin for a cruise next summer. As one of them has suffered from 'motion sickness' in the past, how do you think they would do with this cabin? Also, where did you report for your lifeboat drill?

Thank you for that great info. Any opinion on VB cabins aft deck 4. They do have larger verandas which would be nice but are there any drawbacks you know of?

The drawback....if it matters to you....is the lack of privacy. As you can see from the picture cct331posted, you are exposed to all the decks above you. Personally, I wouldn't want one of those balconies, but that's just me.

The drawback....if it matters to you....is the lack of privacy. As you can see from the picture cct331posted, you are exposed to all the decks above you. Personally, I wouldn't want one of those balconies, but that's just me.
We were in 4020 and 2/3 of the balcony is private. Because they are so large we never sat that far out, just for taking photos.

We have some friends that are considering booking this cabin for a cruise next summer. As one of them has suffered from 'motion sickness' in the past, how do you think they would do with this cabin? Also, where did you report for your lifeboat drill?
We don't suffer from motion sickness at all, so I can't comment on how your friends would react. I don't think that the motion was any worse in this location. Our muster station was in the showroom. Of course, this could have changed since May.

Hi I am the original poster. I decided to take a VS cabin directly on the stern. Lady at HAL said the cabin is a little larger then regular cabins 207sf vs 183 and the balcony is slightly bigger aprox 55sf. All in all happy with that choice. Thanks for all the great info.