Pride of America: Best Luau?

cruising_kelly

There are dozens of threads here on "the best luau". There is a key point about defining "luau", as there is Polynesian and Hawaiian. Probably the biggest issue will be two that are commonly mentioned as possibly the "best" are located about an 45-60 minute drive from the ship on Maui.

take into account the itinerary of your cruise, in some ports the departure will be before dinner time, I would recommend taking the tour one day when the ship makes an over night in port, which will reduce the possibilities to choose.

We have Old Lahaina Luau booked in Maui in September- I researched several and there is a lot of good reviews for it - plus you watch the show from the same place you eat and I liked that. To me it seems like exactly what I always pictured watching Elvis movies lol. No fire dancers there though, if that's something important to you. We're renting a car as it's on the other side of the island from the POA. I'm sure whichever one you pick will be fun!

• 3 weeks later...
We have Old Lahaina Luau booked in Maui in September- I researched several and there is a lot of good reviews for it - plus you watch the show from the same place you eat and I liked that. To me it seems like exactly what I always pictured watching Elvis movies lol. No fire dancers there though, if that's something important to you. We're renting a car as it's on the other side of the island from the POA. I'm sure whichever one you pick will be fun!

Your reply is a marriage saver! My wife has been talking about going to a Luau like the ones in Elvis movies......thanks to you I’ve found it! We aren’t going on our cruise until June...... Would you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

N

We also attended the Smiths Family Garden Luau in Kauai, used their transportation from the pier. We all really enjoyed it and the grounds are lovely.

Their show encompasses many of the Islands influences, so you get the faster Tahitian hula, fire dance, etc.

Before dinner they do the traditional Imu ceremony

The buffet was delicious, and includes open bar. A group sings for you during dinner. The area for the show is just a short walk away, and the seating area is also under cover.

We were a party of 8 and all were unanimous in our enjoyment.

We also attended the Smiths Family Garden Luau in Kauai, used their transportation from the pier. We all really enjoyed it and the grounds are lovely.

Their show encompasses many of the Islands influences, so you get the faster Tahitian hula, fire dance, etc.

Before dinner they do the traditional Imu ceremony

The buffet was delicious, and includes open bar. A group sings for you during dinner. The area for the show is just a short walk away, and the seating area is also under cover.

We were a party of 8 and all were unanimous in our enjoyment.

That sounds great too! The fun part of this trip is all the planning. Last year we did an Alaskan cruise , had fun planning, went on the cruise had fun and it seemed like “Poof” it was over so quickly. With all the food to try in Hawaii, I’m afraid instead of buying his and her Hawaiian shirts, it may be matching Moo Moo’s instead!

Thanks again,

N