L.losing weight and inches is fun:p

S..seafood

H..healthy carbs

O..olive oil

W..water

E..eat less

R..repeat foods that work

S..skip the sweets:loudcry:

Good morning! I’m enjoying the last couple days of my son’s spring break. I love being up early and full of coffee on a day off! Going to Pittsburgh to goof off tomorrow so I’ll undoubtedly eat my portion of not so good food.

I’m Up almost two today which isn’t unexpected. The sugar has been killing me. That’s the only thing different in my whole routine.

Hope you all are well!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Morning Belle, how did you do this week? I'm up 2# :mad:- not surprising, but very frustrating.

April Showers May Flowers Spring Is Here

Thanks for the acrostic:) It's hard to realize it is April and Spring when we keep having snow in the forecast:rolleyes: . Today is supposed to be no precipitation and winds are under 20 mph (we had gusts of up to 45 yesterday :eek:), so I think this is as good as I'm going to get for another week or two for outside work.

Good morning! I’m enjoying the last couple days of my son’s spring break. I love being up early and full of coffee on a day off! Going to Pittsburgh to goof off tomorrow so I’ll undoubtedly eat my portion of not so good food.

I’m Up almost two today which isn’t unexpected. The sugar has been killing me. That’s the only thing different in my whole routine.

Hope you all are well!

Mike

Enjoy your time with your son and time in Pittsburgh. We need to get serious about the college visits for our daughter.

Have a great week everyone:D

I didn’t have such a good first week either, up 1 lb. I’m still trying to get the hang of tracking. Too many treats this week I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today is another "day one" for me, but I am determined to make this day one mean something. Since it is day 1 I have no ups or downs. I have 186 days until our first cruise with kiddos. Since it will be our first family cruise I anticipate lots of photos. I really want to be excited to be in those photos and be able to keep up with our children. 186 days is 26 and 1/2 weeks. I am confident in my plan, but need the will power and accountability.

I wish you all the very best on your own weigh ins.

HI all!

Belle ~ nice acrostic (never heard that word before!);)

So far we've had April showers, hail, strong winds & now snow in the forecast. Last night we lost power from 7 pm until 9 this morning. Looking forward to the May flowers!!

Even with all my lunches out & Easter I'm down 6/10 pound so feel okay with that.

Hope to do better next week. See you then.

~ Jo ~:)

Well Well think the "thing monster" got us all!

You know the "thing monster" that gets us to eat "things" we don't want or need.

You know the "carby foods and the sweets"

Trying to avoid him starting today for good, making a pot roast with lots

of veggies. Hope it stops the "thing monster"!

I was up a pound Thursday, won't weigh again for awhile because of the

"thing monster".

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and week to come and fight the

"thing monster"!

Hello on this Sunday.

Hope you had a good Sat. and Sun. so far. Did you do anything exciting?

Can tell I didn't..I'm on the computer!:D

Stopped raining for a few days, suns out then rain again on Tues. for three days

but not as hard as the last storm. I want spring! I know some of you have snow.

I shouldn't complain.

Hope some /all of you come in and talk. Also to all of you that have been missing..

Come Back!

Now going to do some work around the house. Two reasons, Make it cleaner and to

keep busy to not eat! What are you doing to not eat extra?

Hi Belle-

I'm stuck home on my computer too, doing homework for my class. I'm going to be happy when I'm done with this degree. Plus, it's snowing here again. I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'm mostly trying to be conscious about both what I'm eating and how much right now. I'm hoping that helps.

Kat

Hey guys. It bugs me that we can't DM people here. I'd like to check in with shootr, but have no idea where to find him.

Not a bad weekend for me. Friday was wonderful as we all spent the day in Pittsburgh shopping and eating. Sat and Sun have been good efforts at making up for Friday's indulgences. Walked 2.5mi yesterday and 3 today on the treadmill. Smoothies, fruit and nuts ready for this weeks early food. Hopefully dinners don't do too much damage.

Where are you Kat that its snowing again? That sounded odd to me, but now that I think about it we had a dusting yesterday morning too. I'm ready for faux-spring to be gone!

Two months to cruise time for me. My original goal isn't realistic any longer, but another 8lbs or so would get me to a good enough place for now. Not sure that's doable either, but I'll give it a shot!

Have a great week!

Mike

Hi Mike-

I'm in Minnesota. It's not unusual for it to snow here in April, but we don't usually get quite as much in April as we've had recently. I keep telling myself that Spring will be here soon. Good job on your workouts this weekend!

Kat

Good morning all!

Belle - my "thing monster" right now is depression. I haven't been outside much - although that is in the plan this afternoon - and it's too cold to even have the windows open for fresh air :( My depression tends to be the worst in the spring and this year it seems to be hitting harder than usual. I know I'll get through it, but the inertia cycle (my body at rest wants to stay at rest) is being really hard to break.

I've been doing far too much emotional eating - which of course tends to involve quick empty calorie carbs rather than complex carbs and proteins.

Mike - Great job prepping snacks/meals! I do so much better with a meal plan and having produce prepped ahead but I have really gotten out of the habit. Today is my "office day" and "errand day" so I'm going to get a meal plan going again and hit the grocery store.

We have a running group starting this Saturday and I'm optimistic that the accountability will get us going again. I was never very fast, but a few years ago we were consistently doing (and enjoying) 5K's and I could average under 11 minute miles. Today I'm lucky to be able to maintain a jog for 1 mile w/o walking breaks. I really want to find that joy in exercise and running again.

Hope I'm not bringing everyone down, but it helps sometimes to be real with each other :) Thanks for "listening"

Happy Monday morning everyone. Sounds like some are having struggles. I am right there with you. Mid way through this first week I cannot say I have been 100% on it. However I have also not let my slip ups keep me from working towards a smaller waste. Each choice is a step toward or away from my goals.

Today is the half year mark from our cruise. By that I mean there is now less than a half year until the cruise.

I hope everyone’s week treats you well and I will see you back here on Thursday!

Why is losing weight so hard?

Why do things like the "thing monster"..depression..illness..family.. holidays..ect. get in the way?

Should be so easy..eat less, get some exercise and lose!

Why doesn't it work all the time? Your up when you think you should be down. Then lose some days

and we say how? (but we take the loss of course)

Question? Questions?

Another Question where is everyone? Where do they go? Is it us? Or is it to hard for

them to lose weight? They give up?

Hope not. Come back to us.

WE CAN NEVER GIVE UP! RIGHT?

This start again giving tips to help us lose. OK.

I need to start drinking more water like I use too. It helped. Do you drink a lot of water? Does it help you?

Edited by Belle

Morning All:D

Belle,

I don't know if you questions are mostly rhetorical or if you are looking for answers, but I'm not generally known for keeping my mouth shut;p so I'll chime in a bit.

Why is losing weight so hard? There are so many factors, but ultimately (barring thyroid or other true health factors) I think it comes down to 'what do I want more?' Our western culture often presents us with a mindset of "have it your way" or "you deserve a break" and we buy into the line that we can have it all. I think it is more often a case of we can have anything, but not everything. I can't eat everything I want when I want, give lip service to exercise, and expect to lose weight.

When my husband and I lost a significant amount of weight a few years ago it was a long, somewhat slow process - but it was visible to those around us. Many people would ask us what our secret was, and when we told them 'control calories and exercise' you could see the defeatist attitude right away on most people. They wanted an easy fix.

I also think that often our circle of influence doesn't want us to win. I don't think it is conscious/intentional, but it is there:(

Why do things like the "thing monster"..depression..illness..family.. holidays..ect. get in the way? It's easier to blame than to take responsibility. (Plus depression and other illnesses really do make it harder.) It's not easy to overcome years of conditioning that food fills a void and a background of celebrations always involving food.

Should be so easy..eat less, get some exercise and lose! It is simple - mostly - but not easy. We had to invest a lot of time in meal planning, prep, and tracking plus the time for exercise. There is always an opportunity cost when we choose one thing to do with our time that means there are other things we can't do with the time, and there are only so many hours in the day.

Why doesn't it work all the time? Your up when you think you should be down. Then lose some days

and we say how? (but we take the loss of course) So many factors. Water weight, different scale, different time of day for weigh in, different clothing for weighing. Forgot to track some calories or overestimated how many were burned through exercise. Sometimes it's better to examine how you feel and size vs. weight. There were times I'd hit a scale plateau but my size was still going down since I was toning/building muscle and that is denser than fat (1# of fat will take up more space than 1# of meat).

Question? Questions?

Another Question where is everyone? Where do they go? Is it us? Or is it to hard for

them to lose weight? They give up?

Hope not. Come back to us.

I'm new here, so I can't answer - but I'm grateful for the support I've found and hope anyone who needs this can find it.

WE CAN NEVER GIVE UP! RIGHT?Absolutely;)

This start again giving tips to help us lose. OK.

I need to start drinking more water like I use too. It helped. Do you drink a lot of water? Does it help you?

Drinking water helps me. I try to drink a lot and still wonder sometimes if my 'grazing' is really due to dehydration. I've often seen that hunger can actually be a mis-read cue for thirst.

Hi Belle-

I'm still here. I'm going to be curious to see how this week goes for me. The weekend was a struggle as I had a lot of homework for this dreaded class but I had a good workout last night so I'm feeling good about that. I know it is going to be hard for me to lose but I need to stick with it. I do make sure to drink plenty of water, as I think that helps me a bit.

I hope everyone has a good week.

Kat

One tip that I need to keep at the front of my mind is one slip up or poor choice is not a license to give up. I have used it as the reason to not work towards my goals.

I love the tip on water. Water is so important to building a healthy body. Keep up the hard work everyone!

pacruise..I put these questions out for people to think about, answers like you just did

to keep this board going. Everyone has problems and need to see others do to.

It's nice to have others view/information to read..like you just did.

Tips are great for everyone to read on what helps them and what doesn't. We all get

new ideas to try. I think water is an important thing we must all do..drink it everyday!

Kat good on the workout while having stress. Luck with homework and class.

ncovert..That's the main thing..we can't give up. Bad day, week or month we get back

on track.

What we should do is get back on track right after the day we "goofed" but we're human

and don't always do what we should.

Keep coming in with ideas to help us lose weight and to be healthy.

Good morning. I totally agree on water. I drink A LOT of water. Probably vastly more than anyone I’ve known. Unfortunately I’ve always been that way regarding drinking things. When I was a kid it was soda. Then in college and ten yrs after, my excessive consumption, just about killed me. Thankfully, I’m back to water and soda after recovering from that mess. I’ve no doubt it helps me to feel better.

ncovert, I remember being that way in the past and still have a little tendency toward it. Someone buys a pizza, so you have some. Then once I’m off routine, all the sudden who cares, this day is shot, let’s have a bag of chips as well! Definitely can be a problem. Best for me to just not stray from routine!

I know we’ve got a couple regulars at sea now living the good life. They’ll be back. And shootr is still mia. But still I think participation has been very good!

Have a great day and see you in the morning!

Good morning all!

I'm doing much better today :) I had a really good workout last night. The last several months were rough between hip and back pain and head colds. Last night for the first time in a long time I felt energized from the workout rather than just grateful I didn't pass out. I still think I'm battling something since bent-over rows made me feel very dizzy upon standing, but my walking lunges were much easier balancing and I was able to just focus on the muscle group. I'm not even too sore today :D

I think I'm turning a corner on the depression too. Seeing snow in the forecast this morning still made me sad/mad, but the birds are chirping and the flowers are blooming so I know that it won't stay "always winter, never Christmas" forever.

I actually expect my weight to be up again tomorrow due to poor food choices this week, but I'm getting better. I recognize that for a while I'm probably going to still be grazing but made sure I have lots of fruits and veggies ready to snack on. Eating a carton of grape tomatoes is better for me than a bowl of m&m's, and a large apple will satisfy the crunch craving just as much as a bowl of chips ;)

Stay healthy!

Hey PAcruise. Glad you are gaining ground on the depression. That can really set you back unfortunately. I was medicated heavily for many years during and after a pretty tumultuous period in my life. I didn’t gain much ground with weight though until I weened myself from it all. Unfortunately that’s a risky move and what I did probably wasn’t the safest idea. But it’s paid off for me at least. Best of luck to you. [emoji846]

Hey PAcruise. Glad you are gaining ground on the depression. That can really set you back unfortunately. I was medicated heavily for many years during and after a pretty tumultuous period in my life. I didn’t gain much ground with weight though until I weened myself from it all. Unfortunately that’s a risky move and what I did probably wasn’t the safest idea. But it’s paid off for me at least. Best of luck to you. [emoji846]

Thanks

I've done the medication route too, and while it can help my doctor and I decided that I was better managed w/o. I know it is cyclical for me and worse in the spring, it just snuck up on me more this year. Talking with my husband though I realized that even though my depression seemed worse this year I didn't feel the anxiety component, so there's that:)

Hubby has been noticing his weight creeping up as well. We are not very good accountability partners for each other, we give in to the other's munchies or laziness too much, but we are on the same page and recognize that lifestyle has to change.