Private Boat Tour and Tipping

mkcurran

How much do you tip for a private boat tour? I'm looking at a tour that will be 4-5 hours long and cost a total of about $600. No food or drinks provided.

What should the basic tip look like? I can always go up for exceptional service.

I've never been on a private boat excursion where food and drinks wasn't provided. Especially a 5 hour tour.

My tours are for snorkeling usually. It includes the equipment, lunch usually, drinks from water to soda to adult beverages. I usually drop $10 to $20 per person in my group into the tip jar at the end of the excursion. Usually the boat captain isn't part of the tip jar. Usually just the deck hands.

I've never been on a private boat excursion where food and drinks wasn't provided. Especially a 5 hour tour.

My tours are for snorkeling usually. It includes the equipment, lunch usually, drinks from water to soda to adult beverages. I usually drop $10 to $20 per person in my group into the tip jar at the end of the excursion. Usually the boat captain isn't part of the tip jar. Usually just the deck hands.

I'm thinking the lack of food and drinks are what's keeping it so affordable. But I am going to ask them if some can be provided at a charge.

Tipping is not required. Staff is paid full salaries, not like in the US.

Got off a 30 minute boat tour along the Thames, crew/staff made sure we all aware of the tip jar as we got off. Tipping is not required but it is expected. Spent a month in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and Singapore and everyone seemed to have their hand out. Tipping is slowly taking over.

Got off a 30 minute boat tour along the Thames, crew/staff made sure we all aware of the tip jar as we got off. Tipping is not required but it is expected. Spent a month in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia and Singapore and everyone seemed to have their hand out. Tipping is slowly taking over.

Tipping has always been around the world,

https://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2008-11-11/etiquette-101-tipping-guide