Nugget Falls trail closed.

Budget Queen

I’m in Juneau where there has been significant rain. I was at Mendenhall today and the trail is “gone”. Totally under water. have alternate plans if going there. Had 2 bears running along in the woods as a bonus. I just added another cruise So I’ll see what the conditions are next week. I hope to also pick up the following 2 cruises. I talked with a vendor. Glacier dog sled trails are pretty beat up. So have alternative plans for that tour too.

Bummer about Nugget Falls Trail. It’s something we wanted to do at Mendenhall when we are there mid September.

It'll most likely have cleared by then. Went last September and they still had warning signs out that portions of the trail might be covered with water

21761404_10212364522820698_7835245892684638959_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1c678dd9bc2fc250994a64dfeb7b9b6a&oe=5BC97804

It'll most likely have cleared by then. Went last September and they still had warning signs out that portions of the trail might be covered with water

21761404_10212364522820698_7835245892684638959_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=1c678dd9bc2fc250994a64dfeb7b9b6a&oe=5BC97804

Thank you! That’s great to know! I was worried it would be more rainy in September. Great pic! We hope to make it to the Falls too!

I live in Juneau. Closures only last a day or two because of the height of water in Mendenhall Lake. It goes down fairly fast.

The trail is no longer boardwalk but asphalt (which can get a bit slippery when its freezing).