Icy Strait Point - What To Do?

TM

My husband and I went Halibut fishing with Ear Mountain Charters. W caught a lot of fish and had a great time - I booked independently and saved over 200.00 based on NCL pricing and the trip was an hour longer! EMC also does whale watching excursions and Eric Williams was a great captain

The place where my husband had reindeer sausage is right in the little Icy Strait complex by the port. It's called the Cookhouse and you can't miss it. It's a casual snack-type restaurant with indoor tables as well as outdoor tables. You'll see it as you walk along the waterfront walkway close to the port. There's also a kiosk- type structure where you can get very large Alaskan crab legs. A fellow cruiser had those and enjoyed them. My husband said the reindeer sausage was good, too. See this page on Trip Advisor for a little more info on both places: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g31010-d2287464-Reviews-The_Cookhouse_at_Icy_Strait_Point-Hoonah_Alaska.html

I may have mentioned this before, but if not: you can get yummy mini donuts in 6 flavors from a kiosk operated by the Salvation Army. That kiosk is farther along, past the cookhouse, and kind of in the back of the Cannery complex. It's on the way to the shuttle point for going into the town of Hoonah.

And then there's the bar closer to where the zipline ends, but I don't know if they offer any food in there.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the NATURE TRAIL LOOP the Same Area For Tram Tour?

. . . I am just beginning to research Icy Straight Point and see a Shore Excursion called "Forest and Nature Tram". I have read the posts here on CC about this excursion. Does this Tram follow the same path where I see the Nature Trail Loop on the ISP map? . . . .:D

I have now returned from our wonderful cruise! The Tram path is not the same as the Nature Trail Loop, but they are in the same general area. The Tram goes behind the Nature Trail Loop on its own path. We were very impressed with the Nature Trail. We did it first and had every intention on going back before departing. With our limited hours in port, we only made it back to the beach area by the trail. By then the sun was shining in such a way that the glacier in the distance was lit up beautifully!

We did see the resident whale diving in the bay. The bald eagle that lives near the Adventure Center and Nature Trail (I believe he is named "Old Faithful") was also sitting in the tree as we made our way back to the ship. The sail away was incredibly beautiful in all directions --- for hours! Even saw whales as we passed the Point Adolphus area. Loved this port and wished we had more time there! Would love to go back.