Review: Allure of the Seas Aug. 5-12 sailing, Eastern Itinerary

Thank you for your review. I'll be sailing Allure in October and was wondering how much it compares to Oasis. We are especially looking forward to Mamma Mia and are likely to go to multiple shows. It's unfortunate that the diving show is on the same nights. I have to miss at least one performance of Mamma Mia in order to see it in it's entirety.

Great review - I am heading out in January - can't wait.

You mentioned that you were in a Junior Suite. That is the type of room I am booked in as well. I know that you get Suite embarkation and the Coastal Kitchen for dinner (if you can get a reservation). But do you get any other perks? Things like free room service (instead of the $7.95 charge) and other suite perks.

Thanks.

... But do you get any other perks? Things like free room service (instead of the $7.95 charge) and other suite perks.

Thanks.

No free room service for JS.

These are the JS perks on Allure:

Bathtub

Walk-in closet

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Distinctive color SeaPass card

Thank you for your review. I'll be sailing Allure in October and was wondering how much it compares to Oasis. We are especially looking forward to Mamma Mia and are likely to go to multiple shows. It's unfortunate that the diving show is on the same nights. I have to miss at least one performance of Mamma Mia in order to see it in it's entirety.

I’m sailing Allure October 14, it can’t come soon enough! I’m very excited for Mamma Mia as well, I’ve only heard great reviews. I also heard that OceanAria is very good.

No free room service for JS.

These are the JS perks on Allure:

Bathtub

Walk-in closet

Dinner at Coastal Kitchen

Priority check-in and boarding

Tea kettle and coffee maker

Bathroom amenities

Robes

Extra C&A point per night

Distinctive color SeaPass card

They didn't give us robes to use in the room (as I've seen done previously on other lines in suites), but Royal did give me a robe as a take-home present. I had to double-check with my steward to make sure I wasn't unintentionally stealing it. But it came wrapped in plastic with a little card that said compliments of Royal Caribbean. I think the phone agent who made my reservation gave it to me as a gift because I was booking four different rooms at once (he also had a bottle of wine for each room, and the kids got suffed octopi and cupcakes).

They put the tea kettle and coffee maker on this nice little shelf over near the balcony, except there are no plugs anywhere near it, so you have to put it on the desk to use it anyway LOL. We did make use of the coffee maker.

The upgraded bathroom amenities were some little bottles of L'Occitaine shampoo and body wash etc., but the bottles weren't replenished once they were used up (in their defense, I never asked for more either, but we definitely used them up!)

Fun note about the "distinctive color SeaPass card" (which is a teal color), I had to go to guest services mid-week because the bar codes on the back had rubbed off (handling your card with sunscreen on your hands will obliterate all the ink on your card), and they had to look to find the right color card to give me. I told them if they wanted to, I'd be ok if they gave me cards that were the color for Star Class. The woman laughed and said "I can give you any color card you want if it will make you feel better, the only thing any of us care about is the bar code on the back!"

Ok what is a labadoozie ? And is it good ha ha. A terrific review, thanks. Not long till we go I was excited before I read your review now I can’t sit still with excitement ha ha.

Gill

It’s a frozen drink with various fruit flavors In it that they serve on Labadee. Apparently RCI is famous for them. Even if you try to order a piña colada there, they just smile and say “no, have a labadoozie!”

They are very good. Especially with the right kind of rum mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely watch which RUM is being poured. More importantly, for my drinks, which TEQUILA!

I’m curious, what do they give you if you haven’t a drinks package and are paying at the bar. Is it still the same crap.:o

I’m sailing Allure October 14, it can’t come soon enough! I’m very excited for Mamma Mia as well, I’ve only heard great reviews. I also heard that OceanAria is very good.

You'll be getting off as we're getting on … we're boarding the Adventure in Quebec City and meandering down the coast. I wonder which of us will dock first on the 21st.

You'll be getting off as we're getting on … we're boarding the Adventure in Quebec City and meandering down the coast. I wonder which of us will dock first on the 21st.

I don’t mind waiting at sail for you to dock first...it’ll give me enough time to slam another mimosa or two before I get back to reality. Definitely enjoy your Snowbird/B2B, that 13 night is on my bucket list!

I don’t mind waiting at sail for you to dock first...it’ll give me enough time to slam another mimosa or two before I get back to reality. Definitely enjoy your Snowbird/B2B, that 13 night is on my bucket list!

Looking forward to the Canadian leg of the snowbird the most since I've never been to that part of Canada. We're being met in two of the ports by one of our friends from the Brilliance TA a couple years ago and she is going to squire us around to see the sights and instruct us in the fine art of lobster dining, complete with bibs and nutcrackers.

Looking forward to the Canadian leg of the snowbird the most since I've never been to that part of Canada. We're being met in two of the ports by one of our friends from the Brilliance TA a couple years ago and she is going to squire us around to see the sights and instruct us in the fine art of lobster dining, complete with bibs and nutcrackers.

I’m not sure life gets much better than that [emoji1316]