Guarantee Balcony room On Enchantment- Do you recommend?

kkmcan

I am looking at a Balcony room Jan 7th Enchantment of the Seas but all thats left is a guarantee. Not sure. So afraid of getting stuck in a horrible, noisy room. Do you guys recommend taking this or not?

We've sailed Disney Wonder 4 times and Radiance of the Seas Alaska once. We are traveling to a family reunion in Orlando and I want to tack this 4 night cruise onto our trip. No other choice of dates. But we could down grade to an OV just really wanted our first Balcony room. :confused:

Thanks!

Where do you find guarantee prices? I dont see the option to book

Guarantee pricing is not offered on every cruise and/or every category. When you see the initial pricing, a guarantee will say something like "We pick the stateroom".

I am looking at a Balcony room Jan 7th Enchantment of the Seas but all thats left is a guarantee. Not sure. So afraid of getting stuck in a horrible, noisy room. Do you guys recommend taking this or not?

We've sailed Disney Wonder 4 times and Radiance of the Seas Alaska once. We are traveling to a family reunion in Orlando and I want to tack this 4 night cruise onto our trip. No other choice of dates. But we could down grade to an OV just really wanted our first Balcony room. :confused:

Thanks!

We wanted a balcony too and took the guaranty. Big mistake. Our cabin on Enchantment was just off the lobby and was super noisy with people congregating outside our door early morning and late at night.

Odds are you will be ok, but I would wait awhile to see if they open up bookings for specific balcony cabins.

Thanks for the replies. I think thats all they had left for balconies. This is for early january 4 night. Kind of last minute decision for us. Maybe I should wait and see if they open any since its getting closer to sail date. Maybe someone will cancel.

It's $1325 for 2 people balcony Jan 7th (four night).

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off the EN last weekend and did a balcony guarantee as that is all that they had. I have noticed that a lot of the EN sailings seem to only have guarantee for the balconies even a few months out. We got a centrally located one but it was connecting. Thankfully our neighbors were quiet and we had no noise issues. Dan had his spray foam can and caulking gun ready just in case:halo:

We just got off the EN last weekend and did a balcony guarantee as that is all that they had. I have noticed that a lot of the EN sailings seem to only have guarantee for the balconies even a few months out. We got a centrally located one but it was connecting. Thankfully our neighbors were quiet and we had no noise issues. Dan had his spray foam can and caulking gun ready just in case:halo:

Lol

We booked a guaranteed balcony room but went through a travel agent so she was able to ensure our cabin was in a preferred location for us.

Your travel agent is taking credit over something that they had absolutely no control over. Had you been assigned a lousy location they would have been quick to blame Royal.

It's a chance. We booked balcony guarantee on Mariner. They assigned us a spacious balcony (so better balcony) one facing aft. I wasn't sure I liked the location so I just called and moved us to another. If has to be the same category room, but you can move it if there are others available.

PS - We loved our room and got a great price, but it is a risk.