Is room service free for suite guests?

Is room service for suites a shorter wait? Also, room service is only free for GS and up, not JS, correct? Next cruise is a JS but cruise after that is a GS, so just trying to get things straight.

Don't know about the wait time, but you are correct in that the free room service is for GS and better.

I can attest to the shorter wait time. We had a GS on Indy in February we didn't wait more than 30 minutes after ordering. In your welcome aboard letter from the concierge, there will be a dedicated extension number to dial when you want to order off the MDR menu. The other stuff (snacks or lunch) can be ordered through the interactive TV.

Don't know about the wait time, but you are correct in that the free room service is for GS and better.

I can attest to the shorter wait time. We had a GS on Indy in February we didn't wait more than 30 minutes after ordering. In your welcome aboard letter from the concierge, there will be a dedicated extension number to dial when you want to order off the MDR menu. The other stuff (snacks or lunch) can be ordered through the interactive TV.

Thanks.

If we want to eat dinner in the suite I normally call ahead let's say 530 and set up a specific time. That way we don't have to wait around in the room or have a long wait. In the past it has been up to an hour for the mdr meals. Ordering it ahead of time ensures delivery time. SMe goes for morning breakfast.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

Is room service for suites a shorter wait? Also, room service is only free for GS and up, not JS, correct? Next cruise is a JS but cruise after that is a GS, so just trying to get things straight.

we have never had a 'shorter' wait at all. lunch ( sea or port day) has been an average of 30-45 minutes. have never attempted dinner

yes only Grand suites and up have no fee.

Is that just the dinner MDR menu or Breakfast and Lunch when it is open? Something to consider.

Breakfast and Lunch can be ordered, although the menus are not placed in the rooms. I order eggs Benedict off the morning menu and ask what the the special is for the day.

Yes, that's what the extra $3 per day gets you.;p

Bob,

Is this for GS and above on all ships? We have GS on Majesty in April and on Enchantment in November and always order room service breakfast and on occasion lunch. Would be worth the extra $3 per day for us.

Grace

Bob,

Is this for GS and above on all ships? We have GS on Majesty in April and on Enchantment in November and always order room service breakfast and on occasion lunch. Would be worth the extra $3 per day for us.

Grace

Yes, GS and above get free room service and also the ability to order room service from the MDR menu.

I was kidding Ellen about the $3 per day. That is the difference between the regular gratuity of $14.50 per person per day and the suite (GS and better) gratuity of $17.50 per person per day.

We were in 1730 & 1732 on Oasis in December and I thought I'd mention one thing that's a little confusing. When you place your suite room service order on the TV, it will still state that there is a $7.95 room service charge (plus tip), and will look like you are going to be charged that amount BUT when it's delivered it will show $0.00 so don't worry. ;pWe got the $0.00 receipt and tipped the room service guy in cash each time so nothing ever showed on our account.

Oh and be careful if you order the "Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies". It asks how many cookies you want (shows 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) but (at least on our cruise) that was per plate of 3 cookies per plate - so when we wanted 2 cookies apiece and we ordered 4 cookies we actually got 4 plates of 3 cookies = or a dozen cookies!

I was kidding Ellen about the $3 per day. That is the difference between the regular gratuity of $14.50 per person per day and the suite (GS and better) gratuity of $17.50 per person per day.

Thanks Bob. Bet Ellen already knew with as often as she cruises. Can't even get a beer for $3 but can remember getting them for 25 cents.

We had a special suite breakfast menu in our GS.

When you call to order, the person might not know of it, just ask to speak to a supervisor.

And yes, each evening, with the Cruise Compass for the next day was the MDR dinner menu.

We were in 1730 & 1732 on Oasis in December and I thought I'd mention one thing that's a little confusing. When you place your suite room service order on the TV, it will still state that there is a $7.95 room service charge (plus tip), and will look like you are going to be charged that amount BUT when it's delivered it will show $0.00 so don't worry. ;pWe got the $0.00 receipt and tipped the room service guy in cash each time so nothing ever showed on our account.

Oh and be careful if you order the "Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies". It asks how many cookies you want (shows 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) but (at least on our cruise) that was per plate of 3 cookies per plate - so when we wanted 2 cookies apiece and we ordered 4 cookies we actually got 4 plates of 3 cookies = or a dozen cookies!

LOL! You should've asked for a baggy to take them home. I did that on Freedom. I started stockpiling the Coconut Ranger Cookies and asked my steward if she could get me some and she did. Had the cookies in the freezer for a year leading up to my next cruise with my roommate who loved those cookies. I brought home 4 dozen cookies and she was allowed 1 cookie a week until that cruise came up.

• Haha 1