Visiting St George on a Sunday

LovestheSea50

Hello,

We will be in Bermuda docked at Kings Wharf. Have visited Bermuda numerous times and still have not visited St George. Is the bus the best way to get to St George from Hamilton? If you have been to St George on a Sunday, please share your experience. Looks like Route 11 and Route 10 will be our best bet to get there.:cool:

Other than an expensive taxi ride, a bus from Hamilton is the only way to get there on a Sunday. You can take #1, 3, 10 or 11 .

Personally I wouldn't go to St. George on a Sunday. You'll be spending a lot of time on the ferry and bus and won't find much of anything open other than some restaurants. If you want to walk around a largely empty town, fine, but to me it's wasting a day.

Since the ferry does not run to St George's on Sunday and if you mean less expensive as the best way to go, then the bus from Hamilton would be your answer. Bus routes #10 & #11, in combo, make the trip every 30 minutes. Also, bus routes #1 & #3 go to St George's but less frequently and not as late as #10 .

To me, the best way would be the taxi from Hamilton but it would be expensive assuming a taxi is available. The fare would be about $27 plus the Sunday surcharge plus tip for 1 to 4 paxs. The surcharge is plus 25% or 50& depending on the number of passengers.

Keep in mind that the last ferry from Hamilton to the Dockyard leaves Hamilton at 6:15pm, and the last bus to the Dockyard (route #8) departs Hamilton at 10:45pm but the bus before that departs Hamilton at 5:15pm.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

We took the ferry from the dockyard over to St Georges ($4.50 pp). There was a lady on the 1st ferry of the day that offered a walking tour for $10pp. We took her up on it and really enjoyed the tour. She was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us some interesting insight into living there, as well as information on historical sights in the area. We felt it was a bargain for what she offered. We took the bus to Hamilton and felt that area mainly offered expensive shopping. From Hamilton we took the ferry back to the dockyard. I don't think the bus was a whole lot cheaper then the ferry and it took a lot longer due to the many stops. Taking the bus does give you the chance to see some of the areas where the locals live.

We took the ferry from the dockyard over to St Georges ($4.50 pp). There was a lady on the 1st ferry of the day that offered a walking tour for $10pp. We took her up on it and really enjoyed the tour. She was very knowledgeable about the area and gave us some interesting insight into living there, as well as information on historical sights in the area. We felt it was a bargain for what she offered. We took the bus to Hamilton and felt that area mainly offered expensive shopping. From Hamilton we took the ferry back to the dockyard. I don't think the bus was a whole lot cheaper then the ferry and it took a lot longer due to the many stops. Taking the bus does give you the chance to see some of the areas where the locals live.

On a Sunday?