Vodkas on the Ovation

lrcruising

Ho do you request beer? Do you go through your TA? I tried a couple of years ago to get some pale ale for my brother-in-law who was taking his first Seabourn cruise. Despite numerous emails to and from guest relations, nothing happened. We are cruising again together next year and as a Seabourn regular, I would like to arrange some special, but not hard to find, beer for him. Since beer is all he drinks and this will be a fifteen day cruise, I would love to have Seabourn stock a case for him, but I would like to know how to go about it. My travel agent is okay, but not always the best on following up. Also, if they do get a case for him, will they store it in a bar for him, or put some in his room and the rest in a bar?

I find an email to the club approx 1 month before sailing , If possible giving them a selection. It does depend what part of the world the ship is so if possible I try to give them a choice of beers I know the can perhaps find. ie it was difficult to find English bitter in Brasil but when in the Caribbean they find me some Caribbean beers I like.

I find month before is enough time for them to source what you want but not too early for it to be forgotten.