Singapore disembarkation after spending night in Singapore onboard QM2

nzstuart51

We are booked on Voyage M905D which arrives in Singpore at 8am on Sunday 10 March. After spending that night onboard QM2 in Singapore we are scheduled to disembark on Monday 11 March.

In order to enable us to plan flights home to Australia is anyone able to give us guidance on when disembarkation will likely begin. I totally realise that Singapore Customs and Immigration could frustrate best made plans.

Any help would be appreciated.

Stuart

Hi,

In April 2017, I did a segment of the QM2's World Cruise that concluded in Singapore. The ship was docked in Singapore the last night of my cruise. I departed the ship the next morning and transferred to a hotel. I left the ship at approximately 8:00 in the morning. Because I was going to a hotel, I was not in a particular hurry to leave the ship.

Chuck

Self disembarkation handling all of your own luggage enables one to disembark by about 7:00 am. If your luggage is picked up outside your cabin the night before, then your scheduled disembarkation time depends on different things -- your Cunard World Club status, deck level of your cabin, and whether your are Queen's Grill, Princess Grill, and so forth. Your vacate your cabin by 8:00 am and can wait at various designated locations. Scheduled disembarkation goes by half hours until about 10:00 or 10:30 am.

Getting through Singapore Customs is very quick. Immigration is done by the night before. There are taxi ranks and other private limo services available just outside the terminal building. It will take no more than 30 minutes to get to Changi Airport by car.

We will encounter the same situation in Cape Town this coming January. I called and spoke to a Cunard rep and they told me that it is run just like they just arrived at port that morning. She said I could expect to disembark with my luggage after 7am.

That's correct, just hop off the ship, get to the port building, get out on the other side and get a cab to wherever you want to go. 7am is quite early, I assume that you should be through customs around 9 or 10am.