Boogie and Kashia (the Spontaneous Duo)

boblerm

Greetings from the absolutely breathtaking Seven Seas Explorer. I will post a review of our cruise when I return home, but I wanted to give a shout out to a long time Regent favorite of ours, the performing duo of Boogie and Kashia.

We were so excited when we boarded the ship and found out that they would be entertaining us on this cruise. This is the fourth time we have cruised with them, and on the first evening in the Explorer Lounge, when Kashia saw us, she came down from the stage to give us a hug, which made us feel very special. We enjoy their serenading us before dinner, listening to Kashia’s sweet tones and Boogie’s mastery of the keyboards. But where they really shine,for us, is late night, after the production show, when they play more upbeat dance music. Kashia gets down on the dance floor to sing and dance with the guests; her voice, moves, and personality really lights up the room. And Boogie’s passion for playing really shows.

The only problem- with 4, soon to be 5 ships, the odds of having them entertain us on future cruises becomes lower. Oh well, I guess we’ll just have to cruise on Regent more often to increase the odds!

Bob

• Like 1

Boogie and Kashia are our favourites too! Is there any chance you could find out what their future schedule is? We were hoping they would be on the Voyager in June or the Navigator in November.

Kent

Bob, we enjoy both dance styles--can't wait to let my dance energizer bunny, wife Ida know she is in for a treat. We have taken Ballroom dance lessons for over two years from national champions here the Atlanta area. More often than not, Ida closes the late nite lounge on either the Voyager or Mariner--even gets the singers (Elizabeta/Janos) out there dancing.

Super excited they will be on our Ireland and Scotland cruise early June. Boogies is super talented at the piano especially when he is solo. Not that they aren’t great as a team. I just loved hearing him in the atrium when he would do some impromptu piano!

Super excited they will be on our Ireland and Scotland cruise early June. Boogies is super talented at the piano especially when he is solo. Not that they aren’t great as a team. I just loved hearing him in the atrium when he would do some impromptu piano!

Funny you should mention this, in our previous cruises with them, I think that I just tended to focus on Kasia. This time, I did notice how skilled Boogie is on the keyboards as well.

Thanks to Bob’s recent RSSC Social Club photos of Boogie and Kashia while they were on board the Explorer thought I would share his delightful snaps of these two wonderful entertainers:

07dd70985f3471eb6f56136e3f42ff3c.jpg

57b01a7827815d9bc92ab2faafb430ec.jpg

b1916a01db1f0d17e8e3af3959d974d3.jpg

9325267e45e957fd29f05c0aaa606cac.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

DW and I both enjoyed Boogie and Kashia on our last cruise (seems like forever since then). We asked them to play some of our favorite dance songs, but they did not know some of them. But by the next night they had learned them and played them well. They had the back of the ship rocking. (OK maybe it was the waves)

I don't recall having heard Nature's Rhythm but I am sure we would enjoy them also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

On the subject of musicians onboard, anyone know where Ross the excellent piano player will be?  I think he had switched to Explorer after being on Mariner, but I could be wrong.

Hi Wendy,  Ross has not yet heard about which ship his next contract will be on and when.  But he definitely will performing on a Regent ship in the near future.

Bob

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...