Concierge class - is it worth it?

Most answers miss the point although helpful regarding excursions and dining reservations. I was on the Mariner in Concierge and in a deluxe veranda on the Voyager. The question that was not answered is does the Concierge provide any extra value? I cannot answer that question because I did not request any additional services. I may have a better answer in July when I again sail in a Concierge cabin. Hope there is added value because I have another booking in Concierge that is a longer cruise and I can see the need for additional services. Does anyone know what additional services the Concierge can provide?

Agree with wishIweretraveling - posters have given several reasons why they do or do not book concierge suites. In my opinion, booking excursions early is a benefit - booking dining reservations early is a benefit - getting a mid-ship suite is a benefit and the other things offered to concierge suite guests are also a benefit.

Agree with wishIweretraveling - posters have given several reasons why they do or do not book concierge suites. In my opinion, booking excursions early is a benefit - booking dining reservations early is a benefit - getting a mid-ship suite is a benefit and the other things offered to concierge suite guests are also a benefit.

This is an excellent summary TC2 ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most answers miss the point although helpful regarding excursions and dining reservations. I was on the Mariner in Concierge and in a deluxe veranda on the Voyager. The question that was not answered is does the Concierge provide any extra value? I cannot answer that question because I did not request any additional services. I may have a better answer in July when I again sail in a Concierge cabin. Hope there is added value because I have another booking in Concierge that is a longer cruise and I can see the need for additional services. Does anyone know what additional services the Concierge can provide?

With all due respect- I think that my questions were answered very well, with both opinions - pro and against- listed. Travel Cat2’s reply just above reiterates these answers. To me personally a hotel and transfers don’t add too much value but that’s other benefits just might

Hi

We usually travel in G or F suites which as pointed out are the same size as Concierge but without the added 'amenities'.

However, we are currently in a Penthouse B on Voyager - we got an amazing offer for the cruise and decided to give it a go.

My DH and I just had a discussion as to whether we think it's good value and if we would do it again.

Our overwhelming view was no; yes the suite is slightly larger, but the 'normal' suites on Voyager and Mariner are plenty big enough for us.

The additional extras don't make us willing to pay more and given that the PH extras above a Concierge are the slightly larger room, a butler (let's just say we are not exactly demanding ;)) and early evening canapés (yes, more food!), we have concluded that we'll stick to G or F and save the $'s.

The 1 night pre cruise is not enough of an inducement, if we're travelling far afield we would usually want more than 1 night pre-cruise.

With regards to suite position, if you book early enough you can generally get close to mid-ship.

I summarised in post #12 above the additional items that are available to those in Concierge suites.

If by “the Concierge” you are referring to the “Executive Concierge” he/she will provide assistance to any guest on board in whatever grade of suite. The Executive Concierge does not provide any additional services to those in Concierge suites.

If you require a Butler to look after your needs then you need to book a Penthouse suite or above.

Hi

We usually travel in G or F suites which as pointed out are the same size as Concierge but without the added 'amenities'.

However, we are currently in a Penthouse B on Voyager - we got an amazing offer for the cruise and decided to give it a go.

My DH and I just had a discussion as to whether we think it's good value and if we would do it again.

Our overwhelming view was no; yes the suite is slightly larger, but the 'normal' suites on Voyager and Mariner are plenty big enough for us.

The additional extras don't make us willing to pay more and given that the PH extras above a Concierge are the slightly larger room, a butler (let's just say we are not exactly demanding ;)) and early evening canapés (yes, more food!), we have concluded that we'll stick to G or F and save the $'s.

The 1 night pre cruise is not enough of an inducement, if we're travelling far afield we would usually want more than 1 night pre-cruise.

With regards to suite position, if you book early enough you can generally get close to mid-ship.

As you may know, the PH suites on Mariner are huge compared to the PH suites on Voyager (and the regular suites on Voyager and larger than on the Mariner - go figure:)). For us, making those dining and excursion reservations early is a big perk. In terms of dining reservations, even when you can book early, if you wait until a few days after reservations open for concierge and above, many of the times and table sizes are no longer available.

As you may know, the PH suites on Mariner are huge compared to the PH suites on Voyager (and the regular suites on Voyager and larger than on the Mariner - go figure:)). For us, making those dining and excursion reservations early is a big perk. In terms of dining reservations, even when you can book early, if you wait until a few days after reservations open for concierge and above, many of the times and table sizes are no longer available.

It doesn’t even take a few days. For our May Alaska cruise I lost track of time and logged on to make my dining reservations at 12:15. All of my first choice times were taken by then. Second choice was still available though. We are in Concierge class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree with DeepFreeze. Just as with Regent's air, you need to do the calculation each time. In some cases, the hotel night and transfer give a better deal than you could do on your own. In some cases, not so much.

Note that concierge level offers 10% discount on premium alcohol and 5% discount on pay-extra excursions. If you are going to be doing a lot of these, you'll want to factor the discounts into the calculus as well. It won't amount to a lot, unless you order a high-end wine with dinner every night, but it could push the needle past the "worth it" point if it's close. Note that the wine pairing luncheon is eligible for the 10% discount.

If beverages are included why would there be a 10% discount? I thought the ship's open bar policy included premium brands, e.g. Johnnie Walker Black, Grey Goose or Blanton's. I can understand the discount if ordering premium wine or the elite brands such as Johnnie Blue. I've not sailed on Regent, but I have noted this amenity on the list for the upper-end cabins and have long been curious. Thanks.

If beverages are included why would there be a 10% discount? I thought the ship's open bar policy included premium brands, e.g. Johnnie Walker Black, Grey Goose or Blanton's. I can understand the discount if ordering premium wine or the elite brands such as Johnnie Blue. I've not sailed on Regent, but I have noted this amenity on the list for the upper-end cabins and have long been curious. Thanks.

Yes - you assumed correctly, there is a cost for ultra premium (Johnnie Walker Blue/Green) and high priced wines. Their included pours include Patron tequila which costs over $50/bottle where we live (but we have high taxes here). We have never felt the need to pay for spirits. Some people use on board credits to pay for the premium wines. For us, however, we have been to their Connoisseur Wine Tasting lunch (paid for with OBC's) and have tasted some very high priced wines and I generally could not tell the difference. If we like a wine - it doesn't matter if it is a $10 or $100 bottle. We actually prefer a $60 bottle of champagne (Cliquot) over Dom Perignon. Guess we just do not have the right palate to discern the difference.:halo:

After you gain silver status, you are able to do early bookings for excursions and dining, no matter the suite level.

Last year on the Explorer, we had the F superior suite. That's below conceriege level. Since we are gold, we booked everything early.

So after the first few cruises, you are there.

Sheila

It depends on what you call premium brands. I'm a scotch drinker, so will use that as illustration. JW black and red are included brands. As TC2 notes, blue is not. I'm not sure about green. I don't recall seeing it onboard. They also include single malts like Glenmorangie, Macallans, and Glenlivet. Also one of the smokier ones--probably either Talisker or Laphroiag. The other smoky you do pay extra for.

There's a few others that are on the premium list, but since I'm very happy with the included list, I've never found the need to go there.

These are not limited to upper-end cabins. They are simply what is available to all passengers.

It depends on what you call premium brands. I'm a scotch drinker, so will use that as illustration. JW black and red are included brands. As TC2 notes, blue is not. I'm not sure about green. I don't recall seeing it onboard. They also include single malts like Glenmorangie, Macallans, and Glenlivet. Also one of the smokier ones--probably either Talisker or Laphroiag. The other smoky you do pay extra for.

There's a few others that are on the premium list, but since I'm very happy with the included list, I've never found the need to go there.

These are not limited to upper-end cabins. They are simply what is available to all passengers.

Just want to add that we like Talisker and it does have an upcharge. There are also few choices for gin and rum but these are not currently popular spirits in the U.S. (although people that do drink gin seem to rave about Hendricks which is included). We are more than happy with the offerings that Regent has.

Just want to add that we like Talisker and it does have an upcharge. There are also few choices for gin and rum but these are not currently popular spirits in the U.S. (although people that do drink gin seem to rave about Hendricks which is included). We are more than happy with the offerings that Regent has.

Some people have a tendency to “rave” about thinks just to be in a trend or to display their “good” (ie expensive ) taste :) it takes guts in a company of R&F to say “I prefer Gordon’s to Hendricks” or a bottle of a nice mass market wine to an elaborate French one ;)

Some people have a tendency to “rave” about thinks just to be in a trend or to display their “good” (ie expensive ) taste :) it takes guts in a company of R&F to say “I prefer Gordon’s to Hendricks” or a bottle of a nice mass market wine to an elaborate French one ;)

I predict that you will really like Regent!:D

To summarise, with Concierge Suites on Voyager you would receive the following additional perks over a basic F, G or H cabin:

• One night pre-cruise hotel incl breakfast
  • Wi-Fi allows four 4 log-ins/4 devices
  • 15 mins ship to shore phone time
  • Earlier booking of excursions and dining (most useful if it is a short, popular cruise)
  • 10% discount on premium liquor
  • 5% discount on paid excursions
  • Binoculars, Espresso machine & cashmere blankets in suite
  • Complementary Tote bag

In addition you would also have the choice of some very well positioned suites centrally located on decks 8 & 9.

All the suites H to D on Voyager are the same spacious size and layout. Personally, however, I would not book an H or an aft G because of the vibration that can be experienced at the rear of Voyager (some people find this more annoying than others).

We find a forward located G or an F usually offers us the best value ..................... but we already receive many of the listed perks because of our SSS status.

Hope this, and the other responses help you to decide.

Whatever suite you choose, I am sure you will not be disappointed. I hope you have an excellent cruise.

We are booked in a Concierge Suite on Voyager in April and under amenities there is an asterisk by free WIFI that states: FREE Unlimited WiFi is for one log-in per suite.

We are booked in a Concierge Suite on Voyager in April and under amenities there is an asterisk by free WIFI that states: FREE Unlimited WiFi is for one log-in per suite.

I would check with your TA and/or Regent as Regent’s website indicates in a number of places that you should receive 4 log-ins:

https://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_voyager/suites

https://www.rssc.com/experience/onboard-activities/internet-packages

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise in April :) ............ and that the Wi-Fi is OK ;)

I would check with your TA and/or Regent as Regent’s website indicates in a number of places that you should receive 4 log-ins:

https://www.rssc.com/ships/seven_seas_voyager/suites

https://www.rssc.com/experience/onboard-activities/internet-packages

Hope you have an enjoyable cruise in April :) ............ and that the Wi-Fi is OK ;)

Well, the first link states 'up to four logins per suite' with an asterisk next to it, but of course, there's no explanation of what that means.

The second link is more specific: "One login is provided per suite, which may be used on one device at a time. The login may be used across a variety of devices, from smart phones to laptops. Guests sailing in Concierge Suites and higher, as well as Seven Seas Society members who have reached Gold-level status and higher, receive up to four logins, four devices, per suite." Which, if I had to guess would be what it should state on the Voyager page.

So the 'free internet' is on one device at a time unless you're Concierge or above or Gold or above.