Worth renting a pool side cabana at Margaritaville in Grand Turk?

LongHill44

Yep, we have rented one a couple times. Love that you have your own really comfortable space, enclosed with air conditioning if you want it, plus loungers outside. Bar service brought to you as you like. Easy access to the beach (and you can lock the Cabana so your stuff is secure while you go swim around).

If you are going to be there for 6 hours I would recommend, as long as you will use it for most of that time.

We have rented several times but our next cruise arrives there at 7am, and I don't plan on getting up that early just to get off the ship to use it (so renting one for 3 or so actual hours of use isn't worth it to me), so this time we are just gonna hit the beach after we wake up on our own and get ready.

• Like 1

We did it the last time we went, and split it with the other family we were cruising with. It was totally worth it for us. The dads/sons were often in the ocean, snorkeling and such, while the moms hung at the cabana. In our case, the other mom had just gone through some surgery and needed to take it easy, especially in the sun. So it was extremely worth it for us! It's one of those things that some people will say no, because they like to walk down the island. And others love it. As you already know, it gives you a place to keep everything securely, and you can just use the pool services to get drinks and food. It was really nice, IMO.

I agree with the previous posters -- it's great if you can spend lots of time there, and having a key-lockable cabana is really nice...not that theft is common at GT, but just for some more peace of mind. It's also good for older folks who might want a respite from the heat as they are A/C'd and enclosed.

It's been about 6 years since we rented one, but Cabanas 2 and 6 had small ramps; the rest had steps. We had #6.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this thread! I was just about to post a new thread asking about these cabana rentals....we have one booked through Princess. I didn't realize they were so close to Margaritaville, which is an added bonus!

I checked the link on the carnival thread and these cabanas have good reviews for the most part.

Thanks for this thread! I was just about to post a new thread asking about these cabana rentals....we have one booked through Princess. I didn't realize they were so close to Margaritaville, which is an added bonus!

I checked the link on the carnival thread and these cabanas have good reviews for the most part.

They are part of Margaritaville. They are all along the path that goes on the outside of the pool. So you get food and drink service through them, they have a button you push to call your server. I will say, you may have to wait a little bit when it gets busy. So like about 2 hours after we got there, we wanted to order our food, but she was busy, so we did have to wait about 15-20 minutes. Not a big deal, but just to plan for that.

• 9 months later...

I know this thread is old-ish, but I've been going back and forth trying to decide whether or not to rent this.  it will be 2 adults and our two littles  (ages 5 &2).  I'm starting to think this is a really good option. as much as I'd like to explore grand turk, I feel like we'll eventually go back again on another cruise, so while the littles are this little, they would enjoy the pool and I'd enjoy a place to dump our stuff. 

also, just now reading about the aggressive vendors with the chairs, so this is making the decision even easier.  I don't want to deal with that.

• 3 weeks later...

My husband & I will be on a Princess cruise and I am thinking of renting a cabana. The Princess website is not as clear as the Carnival site, but it looks like I just need to pay for one person, and then the two of us will have our own cabana. Is that correct? We've never had a cabana before, but I'm thinking it would be a good idea on Grand Turk.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:37 PM, halfapair said:

My husband & I will be on a Princess cruise and I am thinking of renting a cabana. The Princess website is not as clear as the Carnival site, but it looks like I just need to pay for one person, and then the two of us will have our own cabana. Is that correct? We've never had a cabana before, but I'm thinking it would be a good idea on Grand Turk.

My understanding is cabana/building prices are for the cabana/building, not per person.  There is usually a cap on the number of people, with maybe an extra small per person charge if you have extra (ex: if it lists a capacity of 4, but you have 6 in your party).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We rented one in Sept because we had a 2 yr old and my two oldest daughters who don't swim or go in the sun.  The AC was nice and the waitstaff was great.  If it's just myself and my husband we won't do it, but for people who can't be in the sun all day its definitely nice. 

• 4 months later...

Actually looking at this as a possibility for my cruise next year. When you rent the poolside cabana through Carnival, it says it’s at the cruise center. Am I understanding that it’s still part of Margaritaville? It’s a little unclear. 

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a map and the numbering scheme? I recall finding it a year or so ago so when you booked, you could pick the one you want (I believe there are 10 and they either go 1-10 left to right or 1-10 right to left). 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love Grand Turk, but we mostly hit the beach when we dock there. I love Margaritaville area, but  as someone mentioned it is only worth it if you have more then 3 hours to spend there. Other than that, the beach is fine and more shaded. Plus, the ocean is right there and Jack's Shack has great prices on drinks!

Edited by Kate P.C