Chocolate Tour in St Kitts

dream2cruise

Going to be in St Kitts in March,

Can you provide more information about the chocolate tour? What does it include, how long and what is the cost?

Thanks for your help

Toes

I'd love to provide more info once I can get booked. Here's what is on the RCI website:

St. Kitts Chocolate Experience

BASSETERRE, ST KITTS & NEVIS

DURATION: 1 HOURS 30 MINUTES

Discover the rich history behind St. Kitts’ nickname, Sugar City, on a tour of the island’s first and only chocolate factory, where you’ll not only sample confections but also create your own indulgent masterpiece. On a short walk from the pier to the St. Kitts Chocolate Factory, listen along as your dedicated guide expounds on the centuries-old sugarcane industry that once boomed amidst the islands of St. Kitts and Nevis. You’ll then take a guided tour of this state-of-the-art facility, where a team of internationally trained chocolatiers produce handcrafted gourmet chocolate products using organic chocolate, butter, purees, spices and nuts from Belgium. These fine sweets come in white, milk or dark chocolate varieties with liquid centers infused with cream, fresh herbs, liquid caramel, honey and local fruit fillings such as guava and passionfruit. In a hands-on workshop, you’ll learn the art of chocolate making by creating your very own chocolate delight using the factory’s original recipes. Your creation will be freeze blasted and packaged for you to take home — and plenty more sweet treats are available for purchase at the onsite retail store. This is one adventure that will satisfy every sweet tooth.

From*

$45.00 USD Adult $45.00 USD Child

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back to the US late Sunday night-

I think I may be one of the first who have done the TOUR!

I really liked it as did my husband-

They show you a entertaining video- then you are able to make your own delicious treats.

Royal Caribbean has it in their tours , but Carnival does not .(yet)

I told the shore excursion girl what a great idea I thought it was and how much we liked it.

I suggested she try it and and she said she was going to look into it on the very next sale date!

We had been to 3 beaches so doing this excursion and shopping in St Kitts was a nice change.

• 2 weeks later...

Did this tour a few days ago. Both my wife and I really enjoyed it.

It is just a few blocks from the port building, it took about 5 minutes to walk to. You go into a small plain building across from the Chocolate Shop and into a small room. The room holds about 15 people and has a projection screen on one wall. A very friendly man ( I think it is the owner) talked about the history and origins of chocolate and showed a 5 minute video. He then brought in and the introduced his 2 chocolate makers. We all went into the room where the chocolates are made. We lined up on one side of a long table where there was a paper plate with a graham cracker, two truffle cups, and an aluminum cupcake cup. There was a variety of toppings and mix ins along with milk and dark chocolate. You are encouraged to use your imagination and make your own however you wish.

It is obviously a non professional tour, but all the more entertaining for it. Everyone was very friendly and the overall experience was quite fun. I would recommend it to anyone, especially if your bringing kids.

It is just a few blocks from the port building, it took about 5 minutes to walk to. You go into a small plain building across from the Chocolate Shop and into a small room. The room holds about 15 people and has a projection screen on one wall. A very friendly man ( I think it is the owner) talked about the history and origins of chocolate and showed a 5 minute video. He then brought in and the introduced his 2 chocolate makers. We all went into the room where the chocolates are made. We lined up on one side of a long table where there was a paper plate with a graham cracker, two truffle cups, and an aluminum cupcake cup. There was a variety of toppings and mix ins along with milk and dark chocolate. You are encouraged to use your imagination and make your own however you wish.

It is obviously a non professional tour, but all the more entertaining for it. Everyone was very friendly and the overall experience was quite fun. I would recommend it to anyone, especially if your bringing kids.

How much did it cost? Thank you!

• 5 months later...

Did you book this tour, to begin at a specific time, or is it a drop-in-anytime kind of thing? Some of our group are doing a morning excursion that ends shortly after noon, and want to find something to do in the afternoon while waiting for other members of our group to finish longer excursions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
:( There's only one spot left for this excursion so I won't be booking it after all.

You can always check once you get on board. Before our last cruise, we tried to book online but couldn't get all four of us on the excursion we wanted. But on board, we were able to change the one we booked to the one we wanted for the four of us.