Best photo point for shooting before / after cruise pictures for San Diego?

mkkao924

We will be taking Disney Cruise out of San Diego, and we will drive down from LA, so transportation is not an issue.

I am wondering where is a good spot to take before and after cruise picture with the ship as the background?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends how close you want to be. If you look at a map the ship docks near the midway museum and harbor drive follow along with the harbor towards the airport. Anywhere within that 2 miles are would have views of the ship. Look at google maps and you will see right where Laurel Street runs into Harbor Drive is a good spot and then you can drive along Harbor Drive towards the ship and see where you might get a better shot. That area would give a far-off view of the whole ship and as you get closer towards where the Ferry Terminal is you can get a good side view of the ship.

There is no lack of spots. I would start out on Harbor Island and work my way south. The flight deck of USS Midway might be a good spot, but you would have to take the tour to get up there. The Embassy Suites might be a good spot. But I can't think of a spot with a view if you don't have a room. Take the bay cruise or the commuter ferry over to Coronado might be a good pic from the water. I got some great shots of USS Midway a few years ago from the ferry going over to Coronado. Along the waterfront hear the Star of India will probably give you the best ground level pic.

Lots of spots along the Embarcadero walk-way. Even the construction site fenced off for tearing down the old Anthony's restaurant does not keep you from standing right on the edge of the pier along the Embarcadero. The view from the Midway is actually not as good, because the new cruise ship pier is in between the Midway and the Broadway pier. Shelter and Harbor Island are good spots to get the ship coming into harbor, but that will be around 6:30AM.

I also wanted to add that there are so many wonderful photo opportunities in the area that surrounds the port not for the ship but for other things such as the Bob Hope area commemorating his involvement with Armed Services over the years.

Keith