Passport Stamps

KandJCruising

One thing I enjoy doing is collecting passport stamps from the different ports of call, but it's generally a hit or miss affair. Most ports don't seem to actively stamp passports, but a stamp (some official, others merely a tourist souvenir) can be found in most ports.

I understand the risks of carrying a passport into port and am always extremely careful to keep it under wraps.

Just wondering who has certain tips or tricks or locations to get a stamp in the various ports.

Here are my recent experiences:

St Kitts: there's an office to the right as you enter the main building at the end of the pier.

Tortola: there's an official cutoms building (red tile roofed) in town right on the water. It's just a few minutes walk from the pier. I don't have good directions handy, but it was simple to find after asking a person or two.

Barbados: also an office to the right inside the main building/shopping area at the end of the pier. Had to ask a couple of folks, but didn't have any trouble getting a stamp.

Labadee, Haiti: the only case where I got the stamp while onboard. Customer service took our passports the night before we hit port and got stamps for us.

St Petersburg: customs/immigration was right on the pier and you had to process through it. I had to ask, but got a stamp both days.

Warnemunde, Germany: there was an office within the main building at the pier.

Helsinki: got a tourist-type stamp, but can't recall where.

Anyone else's thoughts/experiences are appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Stamps for passports are available at Monaco, Andorra, Liechtenstein and San Marino in Europe at the main tourist offices. Unsure about Vatican City... perhaps at the post office? Any suggestions? At most of these places, there is a nominal charge...:)

• 2 weeks later...

I got one in St. Maarten in 2007. You have to walk down to the Industrial part of the port. There is a Custom House there. Back then they not only had no problem stamping our PP, the lady was super nice and asked us about our other stamps and stuff. It only took about 30 minutes total to walk over, get stamped and come back. I don't know if anything has changed but that was my experience.

I am a former crew member and as a crew member, I had to forfeit my passport to the ship's personnel office while onboard, but there are certian ports that require you to carry a passport, and therefore stamp it for you.

St. Petersburg: I am surprised you had to ask, as when you pass through customs they are very strict and always stamp your passport.

Stockholm: Swedish border officers always stamped out passports before returning to the ship

Yalta, Ukraine: Border officers stamped passports on the ship prior to leaving the ship in Ukraine.

Alexandria, Egypt: Same as Ukraine, officers stamped passports on the ship prior to leaving.

The Caribbean ports don't generally stamp passports, and I would not recommend filling your passport with novelty tourist stamps as I have heard of certain countries questioning travelers as to why they had a passport full of unofficial stamp. You would draw on your drivers license, so you shouldn't put fake stamps in your passport.

im actualy quite sad that all the places i have been since HS circa 00-04 i have 2 stamps.. my home city, Philly and an airport i had a layover in and never even left the terminal, Germany. oh and Aruba ( how could i forget that place!! ) i have been to spain, moraco and several islands over the years and wished they each stamped my book.. happily it expires next year and i can get a new picture. mine is HORENDOUS!

• 1 month later...

Got off the Celebrity Infinity two weeks ago. During our stop in Victoria BC the guys at the Customs house were happy to stamp our passports. We asked right when we got off the boat but they asked us to come back later because everyone was still disembarking and they wanted to make that process as smooth as possible. We stopped in on our way back to the ship and they stamped our passports and we talked for awhile. Everyone was very nice!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband and I will be on an eastern Med cruise with RCI in October. We would like to get our passports officially stamped in Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey. Has anyone had any experience in this port?

• 3 weeks later...

hello,

we were on a Med Cruise that went to Kusadasi in May.

Our passports were collected when we were at check in, and the reason we were given was that Turkish Immigration requested this. Turkey is not in the EU, as the other countries we visited were.

We have never had to do this before.

We were given a receipt and after we had been to Kusadasi we collected our passports back.

I was disappointed to find no Turkish Stamp :mad:

Bring a copy of your passport just in case. Your sea pass is the only thing you need to get back on board.

Anne

• 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
One thing I enjoy doing is collecting passport stamps from the different ports of call, but it's generally a hit or miss affair. Most ports don't seem to actively stamp passports, but a stamp (some official, others merely a tourist souvenir) can be found in most ports.

I understand the risks of carrying a passport into port and am always extremely careful to keep it under wraps.

Just wondering who has certain tips or tricks or locations to get a stamp in the various ports.

Here are my recent experiences:

St Kitts: there's an office to the right as you enter the main building at the end of the pier.

Tortola: there's an official cutoms building (red tile roofed) in town right on the water. It's just a few minutes walk from the pier. I don't have good directions handy, but it was simple to find after asking a person or two.

Barbados: also an office to the right inside the main building/shopping area at the end of the pier. Had to ask a couple of folks, but didn't have any trouble getting a stamp.

Labadee, Haiti: the only case where I got the stamp while onboard. Customer service took our passports the night before we hit port and got stamps for us.

St Petersburg: customs/immigration was right on the pier and you had to process through it. I had to ask, but got a stamp both days.

Warnemunde, Germany: there was an office within the main building at the pier.

Helsinki: got a tourist-type stamp, but can't recall where.

Anyone else's thoughts/experiences are appreciated.

Does RCI cruise still do this (leave PP with purser or guest relations)? Going to Labadee and Falmouth in March 2017 and want them stamped.

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...