Car seat at resort

msuweather

Hi Everyone -

I've read a lot about car seats on these board that has been super helpful. We do plan on taking ours as we are taking a cab in Cozumel to Paradise Beach. Our child will be 15 months on our cruise.

I'm just wondering what do we do with the car seat once we get to the resort? Do you just sit it by your chair with the rest of your stuff at the pool/beach?

We plan to take a ship excursion in Belize, take the bus in grand cayman, and have booked a private tour in Roatan so we will not need to haul it at the other stops.

Just trying to wrap my head around the plans.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

You may find that the taxis in Cozumel do not have the seatbelts to attach the carseat. EM

The first (or second) cab that comes by may not, but if you keep looking it will not be long at all before you find one with seatbelts. It is, however, a good idea to have and know how to use a locking clip if your car seat does not have built in lock offs since the cab’s seatbelts May not have a locking mechanism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the replies. Yes, we plan to wait on a cab with seat belts if the first ones do not have them.

Great suggestion to take the car seat bag, that thought never crossed my mind, but totally make sense. We can use it at the airport too.

Appreciate you all.

That was a great suggestion about a car seat bag.

When we took a cruise with our children and grandchildren the children had car seat bags.

One of them had the one that you can hold like a backpack and our son found that to be great.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...