Door decorations

Mommawo

my daughter wants to decorate her door so it’s easier to find. I looked on carnival rules and seen it was fire retardant items only. I will be doing the same cruise next year that she is this year so I was curious as well. Any carnival door decoration advice ?

Use 3M strips to hold things up. We'd use magnets, but on the Victory the doors weren't magnetic. We went for Halloween and used one of those full size door covers with a skeleton on it, but I've seen all kinds of things on doors, including paper. Use your imagination.

So they are not super picky about it? The website says only fire retardant things can be used. Was trying my best to find something like that

So they are not super picky about it? The website says only fire retardant things can be used. Was trying my best to find something like that

Not that I've noticed. I've seen all kinds of things on doors. Don't know what you could put on a door that was actually listed as fire retardant. Just either use magnets or 3M tape to hold them up.

Not that I've noticed. I've seen all kinds of things on doors. Don't know what you could put on a door that was actually listed as fire retardant. Just either use magnets or 3M tape to hold them up.

Thanks ! That is great info to have for sure I was having 0 luck finding things that existed like that lol

• 1 year later...

I started looking through the forums for this but didn't find it in an obvious place, so sorry if it's a FAQ.

So few people on each ship seem to even be aware of CruiseCritic, especially on river cruises like we're doing in May.  If more people were on the boards it would increase the communication, experiences, suggestions and ideas for everyone.

I've been wondering for a long time why there isn't a CruiseCritic logo and website 8x10 page we could print and put on our door.  It would help people you've befriended through the forum meet you on board.  It would also advertise CC to everyone else on your deck at least, and increase the board participation in future cruises.  If there is such a thing, please let me know.  We haven't actually cruised in 10 years, after we had to cancel our last cruise, and I'm sure I could have missed it.

• Like 2

There used to be an 8X10 CC door poster to download here but I don't know what happened to it.  Luckily I still have mine and tape it to my door every cruise.  I use blue painter's masking tape so's not to damage the door.  I'm not on Carnival but on HAL.  So far my CC poster has never been challenged.

CC Sign.jpg

Edited by Av8rix
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a mini life preserver ring from Wish.com for $2.00. It was the perfect size. I wrote our first names on it and hung it up with a couple pieces of velcro tape. Nothing was ever said about the tape. 

Screenshot_20190412-021208_Wish.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 5:51 PM, Av8rix said:

There used to be an 8X10 CC door poster to download here but I don't know what happened to it...

Here is the Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle door sign with the current Cruise Critic logo: https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/community/pdfs/DoorSign.pdf 

You can print it on regular printer paper. However, I printed mine on an Avery 3270 Printable Ink Jet Magnet Sheet. There were 5 sheets to a pack. I think I bought the pack at Walmart & cannot remember the price.

If your cabin door does not contain enough metal to hold the magnet sheet & you use another way to attach it, please make sure you remove all residue left on the door before you debark. The same for ANYTHING you use to attach any sort of decoration on your cabin door or anywhere in your cabin. Your steward will greatly appreciate your kindness!!

• Thanks 1