Independence of the Seas - cabin 1100 - any info?

Bluebay

Hi all! Planning our first family cruise and we booked cabin 1100, one of the new rooms from what I’ve gathered. It appears that this single cabin exists only on the independence, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone stayed in this 1L Panoramic Ocean View room? The pictures I’ve seen online are definitely incorrect and the representative at Royal Caribbean said the room is larger than the 175 feet listed but she had no idea the actual size.

We sail in December so I’ll be sure to take pictures to share!

We had this cabin booked for a cruise in December but when cabin 1400 opened up, I switched. There didn’t seem to be many, if any, reviews on cabin 1100. I have never been on Indy so I am not familiar with the layout of the fitness center and spa. I was a bit concerned about it sharing a wall with the fitness center. But I am interested in seeing your review when you get back. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Look for the review of #1106 by Cruise Life Rick (same section, the other end of that new hallway with 4 JS) on Adventure of the Seas. He loved this cabin and did a Periscope video. Initially I was assigned #1100 when I upgraded to a JS GTY, but I moved to #1106 because it looked a little bigger (not much, just a little). I love the location right outside the Solarium and so close to the fitness center. Why yes, in fact, I do plan to go to the fitness center ("Plan" being the operative word - history would indicate that I easily find other distractions while DH simply refuses to miss a workout!). I also had the notion that the wonderful smells from the spa might be present in that area of the ship.

I'll be in this cabin on Adventure sailing November 4. Thinking about doing a "Live" report - have never done one before. But I will definitely post thoughts and comments either during or after. I'm really looking forward to the cruise and am keeping positive thoughts about everything, and we will go from there!

Rick's periscope (and entire thread) was pretty awesome. The Independence room 1100 isn't a suite like it is on the other ships. It's a wonky long and skinny panoramic ocean view suite without a connecting wall to the other rooms. It appears to be the only one in the fleet like this, which is interesting (and strange).

When are you going to be on Indy Mountainmomma? Our sail date is Dec 10.

Rick's periscope (and entire thread) was pretty awesome. The Independence room 1100 isn't a suite like it is on the other ships. It's a wonky long and skinny panoramic ocean view suite without a connecting wall to the other rooms. It appears to be the only one in the fleet like this, which is interesting (and strange).

When are you going to be on Indy Mountainmomma? Our sail date is Dec 10.

We will also be on the December 10 sailing:)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 months later...
On 9/14/2018 at 9:23 PM, Bluebay said:

Hi all! Planning our first family cruise and we booked cabin 1100, one of the new rooms from what I’ve gathered. It appears that this single cabin exists only on the independence, but I could be wrong.

Has anyone stayed in this 1L Panoramic Ocean View room? The pictures I’ve seen online are definitely incorrect and the representative at Royal Caribbean said the room is larger than the 175 feet listed but she had no idea the actual size.

We sail in December so I’ll be sure to take pictures to share!

How was room 1100?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi! We booked cabin 1100 on Indy for our upcoming trip but I still can find no reviews or photos.  Bluebay, how did you like it? I would love to se photos and read what you all thought! I have an opportunity to upgrade so please let me know if I should. Thank you!!!

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, notladjr said:

I have this suite 1106 booked on Indy and would like to find this Cruise Rick's review. but have been unable to. Can someone point me to where it is? Thanks!

Here you go: