Johnny Rockets

Laurie997

I thought it was up to 4, so if you only had 2 in the cabin you only got to go once.

It is, but each of our cabins had 2 people. When we went the first time, they asked for a cabin number and my son gave his number so all 4 of us had lunch. We could have gone again and used my cabin number, thus getting 2 lunches for 4.

In and out fornwest ccoast people. Shake shake for east coast

I had the best of both worlds!

Nope, 5 Guys on the east coast. Shake Shacks are few and far between. The only time I've had it in the DC area was when waiting for a train at Union Station in DC. DC has several of them, but NoVA has ONE in Tyson's and I'm not driving 25 minutes there to get a burger. 5 Guys are a lot more common and overall have better food. Shake Shack just didn't do it for me. JR's burgers are just so-so. The JR's near us had horrible food compared to what's on the ship and it closed last year. No one ever went there.

Nope, 5 Guys on the east coast. Shake Shacks are few and far between. The only time I've had it in the DC area was when waiting for a train at Union Station in DC. DC has several of them, but NoVA has ONE in Tyson's and I'm not driving 25 minutes there to get a burger. 5 Guys are a lot more common and overall have better food. Shake Shack just didn't do it for me. JR's burgers are just so-so. The JR's near us had horrible food compared to what's on the ship and it closed last year. No one ever went there.
I believe there is one at Reagan.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I've tried In-N-Out twice and I don't see a reason to go back. McDonald's has better fries and drinks. Wendy's has better burgers.

Mooyah is my favorite in the Metroplex. High quality meat with a choice of fresh baked bread. Lots of choices for cheeses, veggies and sauces. Fries are also good - Idaho or sweet potato. Just had lunch there today and they also have a good rewards program. Yum!

Patti

In Texas Whatburger kills In and Out by a mile. Best fast food burger ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Haven't had In and Out, but have tried Whataburger 3x...I really gave it a fair shake since moving to TX 2 years ago, it's a step above other fast food, but Five Guys wins taste by a big mile. Is Johnny Rockets better than Five Guys? Only then will I pay for a burger.

Haven't had In and Out, but have tried Whataburger 3x...I really gave it a fair shake since moving to TX 2 years ago, it's a step above other fast food, but Five Guys wins taste by a big mile. Is Johnny Rockets better than Five Guys? Only then will I pay for a burger.

Not even remotely as good as Five Guys. No comparison whatsoever.

JR's burgers are just so-so. The JR's near us had horrible food compared to what's on the ship and it closed last year. No one ever went there.

Same thing is happening at many, perhaps most, of Johnny Rockets' "regular" locations...they're closing down. The only remaining JR's in the Atlanta metro is the location at Six Flags Over Georgia. They're a step above regular park food, and they are included in Six Flags' dining plans (unlike in-park Panda Expresses), but after all is said and done, they're just not quite good enough to survive "out in the real world."

Same thing is happening at many, perhaps most, of Johnny Rockets' "regular" locations...they're closing down. The only remaining JR's in the Atlanta metro is the location at Six Flags Over Georgia. They're a step above regular park food, and they are included in Six Flags' dining plans (unlike in-park Panda Expresses), but after all is said and done, they're just not quite good enough to survive "out in the real world."

I agree with your overall opinion of JR's, but there is still one up at the Woodstock Outlets, and the one at Phipps is still open I think. Have you tried Yeah Burger?

I agree with your overall opinion of JR's, but there is still one up at the Woodstock Outlets, and the one at Phipps is still open I think. Have you tried Yeah Burger?
I went to the one at Underground in '96

I've tried them all, In N Out, and Johnny Rockets in Hollywood while living in California. Whataburger, Sonic, and Smashburger while living in Texas. Shake Shack and now 5 Guys while traveling to NYC. Being born and raised in NC, tried many a Whataburgers. But I have to say my all time favorite ones are the ones I grill myself!!!! Thick and juicy, unlike In N Out, or Smashburger now. Shake Shack's are a close second. IMHO

Hi Laurie :)

Not sure what ship you'll be on, but if you're sailing on Anthem, Johnny Rockets menu continues to be à la carte.

However no breakfast.

8f02000c-83ec-4c20-aa15-982511a937fe-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

:)

How do they get away with charging $10 on Oasis when the a la carte prices a so low? Not a fan of Johnny's at home but the Anthem prices seem to be a bargain.

How do they get away with charging $10 on Oasis when the a la carte prices a so low? Not a fan of Johnny's at home but the Anthem prices seem to be a bargain.
You ever see how cruise passengers eat?

But aren't those two different programs.

Varies by ship. Or so I thought.

With the exception of Quantum class (where JR is a la carte), when you get food to go at JR, there are limits to what you can get for one food charge.