Dress Code Question

Hi everyone it’s been about 5+ years since I have sailed so I’m not sure the answer to this question.

My fiancé does not want to get dressed up at all during our 7 night western Caribbean cruise. He does own 1 and I repeat 1 pair of dress pants and has 4 pairs of Duluth shorts (nylon waterproof shorts). His response I am on vacation and do not want to get dressed up.

Can someone tell me about dress code in the MDR and what others we will have. We are sailing on Oasis.

Thank you!!!!;)

Hi everyone it’s been about 5+ years since I have sailed so I’m not sure the answer to this question.

My fiancé does not want to get dressed up at all during our 7 night western Caribbean cruise. He does own 1 and I repeat 1 pair of dress pants and has 4 pairs of Duluth shorts (nylon waterproof shorts). His response I am on vacation and do not want to get dressed up.

Can someone tell me about dress code in the MDR and what others we will have. We are sailing on Oasis.

Thank you!!!!;)

Read all of the posts on this current thread. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2664419

RCCL has suggested attire each night. People typically wear what they feel comfortable with. Some infowns and tuxes. Some in shorts and polo shirts. Anything goes. Whatever you want to wear whilst on vacation. Your fiancé can wear what he wants.

Thank you!!!!;)

No mandatory formal attire .I wear black shoes,khakis ot chinos and a knit shirt.

I am not a big rule follower.

However we do like to dress fairly decent and look nice for dinner & beyond.

Usually the people who say "Why dress up, I am on vacation" are the folks who get dressed up daily for work and want a break from it.

Although no one really cares what others wear, I personally would never show up for dinner looking sloppy and embarrass my wife. unless it was the buffet.

Perhaps its time to go shopping...

• 1 month later...

Play up the romance part of it and get him to look purty for you! You are worth it! We can belch beer breath, and yell at sporting events all year long. How many chances does he get to take you to a nice dining room, all fancied up, and live out the White Knight night with his future wife? :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

:D

You might not get into the dining room with those nylon shorts. At least get him some tailored Bermuda shorts or prepare to dine in the Windjammer.

You don’t have to prepare to dine in Windjammer. I spoke to head waiter about shorts and they said they won’t stop someone from wearing shorts like they used to. I saw everything except swimwear in the dining room. Even jeans on formal night. They were nice jeans. So enjoy!

:D

You don’t have to prepare to dine in Windjammer. I spoke to head waiter about shorts and they said they won’t stop someone from wearing shorts like they used to. I saw everything except swimwear in the dining room. Even jeans on formal night. They were nice jeans. So enjoy!

Hey. I like your CC handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Play up the romance part of it and get him to look purty for you! You are worth it! We can belch beer breath, and yell at sporting events all year long. How many chances does he get to take you to a nice dining room, all fancied up, and live out the White Knight night with his future wife? :hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

This is all I ask of my sweet husband too. He's pretty game for anything, but we are on vacation so I try not to torture him too much! lol The last 2 cruises have been over the Christmas holiday and all I asked is that we do the "formal formal" nights in the MDR. Other than that, I was game to just relax and hang out. That seemed to suit us both well! It was fun to get all dolled up for just that little bit of time!

Dress up as much as you want, or not, depending on if you want to have your portrait taken. It might be nice to have one every five years. My hubs wears a long sleeved dress shirt and black jeans one formal night, the other we both wear our best Hawaiian shirts! Maybe 25% of the diners will do the jacket/formal thing, but it’s fading away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just returned from a 4 night cruise. Haven’t cruised RCCL in about 4 yrs. I understand wearing “what you want “ but obviously there is NO dress code, at least on Mariner. In the MDR bathing suits with see through cover ups were allowed - with flip flops. We saw that on multiple nights. It was quite common to see board shorts or gym shorts and flip flops on the guys. Are there no rules any longer fleet wide or just this ship? This was our 4th cruise in 14 months (all different cruise lines) and this was the first time I’ve seen this.