Leaving on the Vista this Sunday/Weather questions

cdhstang

(can't believe it's almost my turn:D:D) I have been paying close attention to the weather and after the recent flooding in Galveston I am a little worried. I see they are calling for rain starting Thursday and continuing through the weekend. For those in the area, will the weather be an issue for flooding?

(can't believe it's almost my turn:D:D) I have been paying close attention to the weather and after the recent flooding in Galveston I am a little worried. I see they are calling for rain starting Thursday and continuing through the weekend. For those in the area, will the weather be an issue for flooding?

No one who has spent any time in Texas would dare to predict what "might" happen with the weather more than a few hours out! ;p Now, I'm inclined to think it will be OK this weekend, but won't fall over in a dead faint if it does flood! However, I think you'll be OK!

Where did this sudden fear of Galveston flooding all the time come from? I'm really confused.

Anyway, the forecast doesn't look like a problem to me. There was no mention of flooding, torrential rains, or anything of the sort as of this morning's newscast. Just scattered rain showers.

Where did this sudden fear of Galveston flooding all the time come from? I'm really confused.

Anyway, the forecast doesn't look like a problem to me. There was no mention of flooding, torrential rains, or anything of the sort as of this morning's newscast. Just scattered rain showers.

I may have been misinformed, but was told there was bad flooding last week. I also saw a video from two weeks ago with cruise passengers walking through ankle to mid calf water. While I would wade through water to get to my cruise I would rather not. I used to live in Galveston (as a little girl) and loved playing in the little bit of flood water. Not so much as an adult, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I may have been misinformed, but was told there was bad flooding last week. I also saw a video from two weeks ago with cruise passengers walking through ankle to mid calf water. While I would wade through water to get to my cruise I would rather not. I used to live in Galveston (as a little girl) and loved playing in the little bit of flood water. Not so much as an adult, though.

Yes there was some flooding , but it drained off fairly quickly to the bay . Both were perfect storm sennerios.

You have a vacation planned , come and enjoy the island and the cruise .

This morning, the news said it's going to rain off and on all weekend. But the showers are going to be scattered and short lived. The only mention of flooding was specifically for low lying streets in Houston, which is a potential each and every time it rains ever.

In other words, you might need an umbrella but you'll get to the boat just fine. :)

This morning, the news said it's going to rain off and on all weekend. But the showers are going to be scattered and short lived. The only mention of flooding was specifically for low lying streets in Houston, which is a potential each and every time it rains ever.

In other words, you might need an umbrella but you'll get to the boat just fine. :)

Thank you! We are leaving for Houston in a couple hours. We are so excited!!