Pacific Eden internet, whats the best way to go?

Hi all :)

My 13 year old and I are off this Friday to PNG. My daughter, being a teen, would love to still chat to her friends at night. Does the unlimited package cater for skype, facetime etc, is the ships internet good enough that you can do these things or is it only good for a quick post here and there and maybe upload a photo? Cheers

It's highly unlikely she will be able to facetime, some times it's hard to make a clear call.

She is better off using an app like Whatsapp to message her friends, that's how we stay in touch on cruises.

Ah ok, thanks :) Is that the same as texting and if yes do we to get a roaming package from telstra.? Thank you, I remember last cruise getting a bill for 400 or 4 days and I dont know what we did wrong!

Ah ok, thanks :) Is that the same as texting and if yes do we to get a roaming package from telstra.? Thank you, I remember last cruise getting a bill for 400 or 4 days and I dont know what we did wrong!

Sorry I should have been clearer You still want to buy the internet pack on board. For cruises over 4 nights I think it's about $100 I'm not sure on cruises under 4 nights.

But if you and your daughter want to stay in touch buy the internet and use an internet based messaging app. Whatsapp is very simple to download and setup.

And most importantly turn off your mobile phone data completely so it won't try to use it on the cruise.

Sorry I should have been clearer You still want to buy the internet pack on board. For cruises over 4 nights I think it's about $100 I'm not sure on cruises under 4 nights.

But if you and your daughter want to stay in touch buy the internet and use an internet based messaging app. Whatsapp is very simple to download and setup.

And most importantly turn off your mobile phone data completely so it won't try to use it on the cruise.

Aha, I think I understand now :) thanks so much for your help

Aha, I think I understand now :) thanks so much for your help

Awesome 👍

I found this on this cruise critic website:

For cruises four days and under:

Platinum Unlimited $29 per cruise;

Gold Unlimited $20 per day;

Silver Social Unlimited $19 per cruise;

Bronze Social Unlimited $10 per day.

For cruises longer than four days:

Platinum Unlimited $99 per cruise or pay $20 per day;

Gold 500MB $69 per cruise;

Silver 250MB $39 per cruise;

Bronze 100MB $19 per cruise;

Social Media Unlimited $10 per day.

That's the P&O Australia cruises internet prices.